Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Avalanch xte brushless vs. E Maxx brushless

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Avalanch xte brushless vs. E Maxx brushless

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 04:27 PM
wildbills rc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avalanch xte brushless vs. E Maxx brushless

Is the e maxx really worth 200 bucks more and if so why? Im new to this. I currently own a Caldera 10e and run it on 5800 lipo. I want another truck. The Avalanch comes with 2 lipo batteries also though. Please let me know guys. Thanks alot.

The only diff I know if is the emaxx has dual servos and is waterproof correct?
Old 12-30-2011, 04:43 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Avalanch xte brush;ess vs. E Maxx brushless

well, the emaxx's top speed on 6s would be faster.

but the emaxx comes with a pair of 7cell nimhs....so out of the box the avalanche should be faster.

the avalanche is a tad shorter....but it is also wider. So, it may be more stable.

Its also based on a 1/8 chassis.

The emaxx has always had a weakness where the bulkheads meet the main chassis. The only way to solve that is to upgrade to alloy bulkheads.

I dont have 1st hand experience with the avalanche XTE....

but if it were my money, i would get the XTE of the emaxx. IMO, it would provide the same amount of durability and fun for less money.

Most anyone who owns the nitro version of the avalanche loves them. And the XTE is based off that chassis.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:52 PM
wildbills rc

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

well, the emaxx's top speed on 6s would be faster.

but the emaxx comes with a pair of 7cell nimhs....so out of the box the avalanche should be faster.

the avalanche is a tad shorter....but it is also wider. So, it may be more stable.

Its also based on a 1/8 chassis.

The emaxx has always had a weakness where the bulkheads meet the main chassis. The only way to solve that is to upgrade to alloy bulkheads.

I dont have 1st hand experience with the avalanche XTE....

but if it were my money, i would get the XTE of the emaxx. IMO, it would provide the same amount of durability and fun for less money.

Most anyone who owns the nitro version of the avalanche loves them. And the XTE is based off that chassis.
Thats for the post. I just wish the Avalanche was waterproof. When Isee vids of people driving there traxxas cars in the mud and snow and water it looks so fun. LOL
Old 12-30-2011, 04:59 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i was thinking about that....
i looked on the traxxas website and it says the Rx and servos of the brushless emaxx are waterproof......but im not sure that the mamba ESC and motor are.
it doesnt say it on traxxas's site.
There brushed models, and the vxl line are all waterproof...but those models dont use the mamba ESC/motor.
so check into that for yourself 1st. make certain that the BL emaxx is waterproof. If it is, that is an important feature to weigh in. Not worth $200 more IMO, but it is nice if it is waterproof.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:08 AM
ShredderGuy

Default RE: Avalanch xte brushless vs. E Maxx brushless

I beat my Shredder XT in the mud & snow all the time and have yet to have a single issue with it. All I did was use brushed on electric tape for the ESC. Worked like a charm.

I coated the connects on the motor, and servo's with it too. I also put my RX in a balloon. 

This guy did the same thing I did basically. I just did not mount my ESC upside down. 

Old 12-31-2011, 08:53 AM
wildbills rc

Default RE: Avalanch xte brushless vs. E Maxx brushless

What else guys?