Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Problem with Redcat Shockwave

Old 12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Reuben-rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Redcat Shockwave

The problem with my Redcat Shockwave is that when you try to prime it fuel doesnt go through the gas line cause there is no air pressure. Also I am kind of new to nitro rc cars but is there supposed to be nitro or some liquid everywere after you run it? I think it might be a leak in the gas tank that is causeing both. Please tell me anything you think that it might be. Thank You!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:04 PM
DKnox

Default RE: Problem with Redcat Shockwave

ORIGINAL: Reuben-rc

The problem with my Redcat Shockwave is that when you try to prime it fuel doesnt go through the gas line cause there is no air pressure. Also I am kind of new to nitro rc cars but is there supposed to be nitro or some liquid everywere after you run it? I think it might be a leak in the gas tank that is causeing both. Please tell me anything you think that it might be. Thank You!

My Avalance spilled fuel like that as well when I first got it. Found out Ihad over filled the tank and when I tried to prime the motor it was pushing a little out of the tank. Also remember that the Nitro car should be spitting some fuel out of the exhaust when it's running right.

I'm certainly not a pro by any means, just giving you my personal expiriences here lately. I'm sure one of the brains will give more insight if there's a bigger problem.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah I'd say if you have actual liquid fuel around the tank and you can't prime it either your tank has a split in it somewhere or your fuel cap is leaking which is causing it to blow fuel out when your attempting to prime or spilling fuel while running.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:13 PM
runner1514

Are you placing your finger in the exhaust when you pull the starter? Also make sure the glow plug is tight (but don't kill it) lol. That might be causing the gas leak as well as the problem of not being able to prime the engine. A bit o fuel aroung the engine might be normal, specially if you over prime it and then you have to remove the excess fuel (you know, when the cord gets harder than normal) by removing the glow plug, turning the car upside down and pulling from the started a couple of times
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 PM
codokas

Plug the end of the fuel line going to the carb and blow gently into the line that goes to the exhaust. If the fuel tank cap is good it should hold some pressure. If it leaks or the top pops up too easily, then the fuel tank is bad.Check your fuel lines for pin holes by taking each one off and submerging it in water, plug one end and blow in the other end and look for bubbles, flip it around and do the other end.

DOUG

ORIGINAL: Reuben-rc