Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat Vortex SS, Earthquake 3.5 or Caldera 3.0?

I am wondering which would be better to get as it will be my first Nitro. I am having a hard time choosing because they all interest me. I know that the Vortex SS with the smaller wheels will accelerate faster and handle turns and on road better. As for the Earthquake 3.5 is 1:8 scale as for the Caldera 3.0 is 1:10 scale andwith the bigger wheels will handle bigger terrain and take jumps better. I would like it to be fast, possibly reach over 40+ MPH when using it on the road/street but also would like it to go through dirt and grass on my backyard. However, since I will be getting this off (e**y), the Caldera 3.0 with SH .18 engine comes with the starter kit which cost $4 less than the Earthquake 3.5 which doesn't come with the starter kit but has a bigger engine SH .21. As for the Vortex SS, it's already fast considering that its smaller and lightweight. Please help, whoever has had any experience with these. Please don't recommend others, as this will be my very first NItro. Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Vortex SS, Earthquake 3.5 or Caldera 3.0?

DUDE, the Vortex is AMAZING! I love it. The caldera's great too. Suprsingly the Vortex can outrun the Caldera in a drag race. My dad has the Caldera I have a Vortex and a Tornado S30. Out of all of which I just named the Tornado(buggy) seem to be faster than them all. Oh and for you FIRST nitro I'd get the Volcano S30. 1 speed trans won't be "AS" hectic as the 2 speeds. Trust me, that one speed trans, will still haul some a**! LMAO!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Vortex SS, Earthquake 3.5 or Caldera 3.0?

Plus the Volcano with the 8 shocks seems like it can handle some serious jumps.