Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: caldera 10e

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

caldera 10e

how fast is this truck and whats the biggest battery u can run with out burning up the esc and how about the banna plugs do u have to change them to run lipos?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: caldera 10e

banana plugs are fine...many lipos sold come with them.

You can run a 2s 5000mah lipo, with no changes to the truck.

thats good for 35-40mph.

With a change of the ESC's fan...and adding a heat sink/fan to the motor you can run 3s lipo.

thats good for insane speed.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is a video on youtube of a guy doing a NIMH speed test and a Lipo Speed test on his Caldera 10E Stock it was like 19MPH, Lipo was 42MPH or so. I looked for the video but I could not find it. But it is out there for sure.Like Nitro said with a ESC change to an 80AMP ESC that truck would go 60+ I think pretty easy on a 3S.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ShredderGuy

There is a video on youtube of a guy doing a NIMH speed test and a Lipo Speed test on his Caldera 10E Stock it was like 19MPH, Lipo was 42MPH or so. I looked for the video but I could not find it. But it is out there for sure.*Like Nitro said with a ESC change to an 80AMP ESC that truck would go 60+ I think pretty easy on a 3S.*
    No way it only does 19mph on a nimh pack. Its gotta be higher than that!
    40ish sounds righ twith a 2s lipo.
    You can use the STOCK esc on 3s lipo....just have to change the fan to be powered off the reciever and not off the esc. And a heatsink/fan on the motor is a good idea as well.

Put the 80amp system thats in the 8e's and it would easiely hit 60+mph. but then it would also backflip all the time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I guarentee its much faster than 19 on stock battery. I run a 5800 lipo on mine. Its fast!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc

I guarentee its much faster than 19 on stock battery. I run a 5800 lipo on mine. Its fast!

yeh, 19mph is pretty slow. that would be like the speed of a duratrax evader or a 1/18 RTR brushed truck. No way the caldera is that slow.

I believe the speed on stock battery is a bit over 30mph. and it jumps to just over 40mph on a good 2s lipo. the acceleration on a 2s lipo also increases.