Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Backdraft vs Hurricane?

Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 PM
jbain2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backdraft vs Hurricane?

From the Redcat website, I can't really tell what the difference(s) are that would account for a $70 difference in price? Is there a reason to spend the extra $70? Thanks.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 AM
wildbills rc
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Backdraft vs Hurricane?

From what Ive read and been told the backdraft is lighter but not made as tough. The hurricane is the top of the line buggy with thicker and better parts. Also hase a bigger motor and metal gears if Im not mistaken.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:40 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The huricane is a better built buggy stronger parts, bigger motor, can upgrade the hurricane to carbon fiber parts alot less problems well worth the extra money. You will not be disapointed in the hurricane.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:09 PM
ShredderGuy

If you do not want problems.. Buy the Hurricane XTE. It is a Beast!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:37 PM
jbain2

Thanks. Seems like the Hurricane is the way to go. I am looking to pick one up used.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: jbain2

Thanks. Seems like the Hurricane is the way to go. I am looking to pick one up used.
are you looking for the nitro, or the brushless version?
may be able to find a used nitro version....but the brushless ones are pretty new and it will be hard to find a used one.

also, i dont reccomend a used nitro...no matter what model. the chances are just too high IMO that the previous owner didnt take care of the motor right. in which case, you will just be buying a headache.
now, if you found a used roller at a really good price, and bought a new motor thats a different story.
with nitros, New is the way to go IMO.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:54 PM
jbain2

I am looking for Brushless. I am willing to wait a bit. Nitro is too much maintnence for me right now. Thanks.

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

may be able to find a used nitro version....but the brushless ones are pretty new and it will be hard to find a used one.

also, i dont reccomend a used nitro...no matter what model. the chances are just too high IMO that the previous owner didnt take care of the motor right. in which case, you will just be buying a headache.
now, if you found a used roller at a really good price, and bought a new motor thats a different story.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:07 AM
wildbills rc
My Feedback: (1)

I am looking for Brushless. I am willing to wait a bit. Nitro is too much maintnence for me right now. Thanks.

Why not just get a new one? $380 with 2 lipo batteries...cheap
Old 01-08-2012, 06:45 AM
jbain2

Cheap for you, not for me!

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc

Why not just get a new one? $380 with 2 lipo batteries...cheap