Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New tires for Caldera 10e?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 04:09 AM
wildbills rc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tires for Caldera 10e?

Do I have to buy stock tires or is there a better replacement? Ive only ran it about 10 times and Ihave a big cut in one of my tires. I would like to stay around the same size. Let me know what if anythingelse will work for my caldera 10e.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:33 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: New tires for Caldera 10e?

the caldera uses 12mm hex rims. which is pretty standard.

The tires that come on the traxxas stampede 4x4 will work, and should be about the same hight as the stock tires.

this ad has a full set of them for $42 shipped:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-Traxxa...item20bfeaa769
Old 01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
lakesrunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Volcano S30 nitro, I agree that the traxxas talons work great for these models.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:46 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

I have a set of proline Masher 2000's coming that i will be putting on my volcano pro.

Ill take pics once i get them on the truck.

I have traxxas (stampede rear) rims ill be putting them one.

should look pretty mean.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:41 PM
wildbills rc

42 dollars??????????? Dang that seems like alot. How much are the stock caldera tires?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc

42 dollars??????????? Dang that seems like alot. How much are the stock caldera tires?
about $48 for a full set of rims/tires....and thats for NON-chromed rims.

Tires are wicked expensive. I just bought 4 proline masher tires....just the tires...$30 shipped.

Try looking up some RC4WD tires! You can spend $40+ for just the tires.

The stampede tires are a tad cheap for a full set cause they were most likely pulled off a NIB stampede that someone has parted out.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:16 AM
wildbills rc

So if I can get brand new traxxas stampede rims and tires for 40 bucks shipped is that a good deal? Are they better tires than the stock caldera? Also, I wanna make sure they are not any bigger because I dont wanna lose any speed
Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

So if I can get brand new traxxas stampede rims and tires for 40 bucks shipped is that a good deal? Are they better tires than the stock caldera? Also, I wanna make sure they are not any bigger because I dont wanna lose any speed
with larger tires, you can actually gain alittle top speed, but it will sacrafice some accleration.

$40 shipped for any 1/10 scale tires with rims is a good price.

I think it cost me $65 shipped for a set of earthquake tires last year!

With any set of tires, shipping alone is $10[:'(]

I just got my proline masher 2000 tires today in the mail. I paid $30 shipped for the tires(no foams or rims)
They are just a hair taller than the stock tires.
the rims i used were cheap @ $13 shipped for a full set.

I could actually sell you the stock set...i dont think ill need them for anything. say, $30 shipped? Same as stock ones accept they are an orange chrome rim.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:52 PM
triumph 67

will the masher tires fit on the caldera 10e wheels or do u have to by new ones and what size to get.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:09 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: triumph 67

will the masher tires fit on the caldera 10e wheels or do u have to by new ones and what size to get.
no, they wont fit on the caldera's rims.

pick up a set of traxxas stampede (rear) 2.2 rims. the rear rims have the proper offset to work on the caldera. You can get the stock traxxas ones or ones made by RPM. Make sure you are looking at the stampede 2.2 rims....as the current stampedes use 3.8 rims.

I got a set of four traxxas stampede rear 2.2's for $13 shipped.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:54 AM
rootbeerslop

Do I have to buy stock tires or is there a better replacement? Ive only ran it about 10 times and Ihave a big cut in one of my tires. I would like to stay around the same size. Let me know what if anythingelse will work for my caldera 10e.

I have the same problem. I got a few months out of it before I got a big gash in one. What I did find out today is that you Must buy the Rim and the Tire for Redcat, they don't sell the tire only. Psh..

It's 25.99 shipped for a chrome pair.

For the Pro's out there - do you think the Stampede tires will last longer or perform better? - and is the swap out process easy enough?

I'm just worried I may ruin a new tire trying to put one on. I'm also thinking it might not be a bad idea to have an extra rim laying around.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: rootbeerslop

Do I have to buy stock tires or is there a better replacement? Ive only ran it about 10 times and I have a big cut in one of my tires. I would like to stay around the same size. Let me know what if anything else will work for my caldera 10e.

I have the same problem. I got a few months out of it before I got a big gash in one. What I did find out today is that you Must buy the Rim and the Tire for Redcat, they don't sell the tire only. Psh..

It's 25.99 shipped for a chrome pair.

For the Pro's out there - do you think the Stampede tires will last longer or perform better? - and is the swap out process easy enough?

I'm just worried I may ruin a new tire trying to put one on. I'm also thinking it might not be a bad idea to have an extra rim laying around.

The stampede talon tires wont perform any better really, but they are a higher grade rubber and should last longer.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Dads like rc too

On my son's Caldera 10E the person I bought it from actually downsized the stock size a little. He put 2.2 size Traxxas rims with those BF Goodrich tires from Proline. The truck handles much better than it did with the stock monster truck size tires, and with the 8.4v battery it still screams on the top end and will break the tires loose on the street off the line. I've seen these tires at my LHS sold in 2 packs complete with rims and foams for $25.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:11 PM
jbain2

I put a set of Stampeded talons on my Caldera. I actually thought that the traction was less. The stampede tires are wider so they gave the truck more stability.
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

The stampede talon tires wont perform any better really, but they are a higher grade rubber and should last longer.
[/quote]
Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Dads like rc too

This is the Caldera 10E with the smaller tires
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32079.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1717751