Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

New Avalanche XTR - Such a lemon...

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New Avalanche XTR - Such a lemon...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:12 PM
bur01014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Avalanche XTR - Such a lemon...

Ok, well I could have bought a new revo by now after how much Ihave spent on this redcat that is plain junk. Ichose the 1/8th scale new Avalanche, hoping it would be at least capable of driving up and down the street.
Many of you have seen my previous post about the steering servo it comes equipped with that barely has the strength to turn the wheels. After complaining about that I bit my tongue and told myself Ididn't spend a fortune on this truck, just go enjoy. So on my second tank after break in Itook it out today and began driving, after my first pass, the truck accelartes to full-throttle. Meanwhile, Iam trying to slam on the breaks and get control of the thing....the truck continues to gain speed until it slammed into a curve, did two back flips, then came to a halt after bashing into a brick shed......The engine remained screaming until I was able to run and cut the fuel to the motor. What is up with the radio on this thing? New batteries, tested at 50 yard distances before starting, etc.....anyways Ilooked over the truck- servo broke, truck body shattered, front end completely done, left front shock missing, etc. etc. etc.....so it looks like after two tanks after break-in the truck is done. Yes, Ican spend $100 plus to get it fixed, then add another $50+ to install a new radio and transmitter, but that won't be happening.....good thing no one was around, it was scary watching a 1/8th scale truck screaming 40mph down the street with no one controlling it....

If anyone is interested in what is left of the truck Iam interested in taking any offers....should have never sold my revo
Old 01-15-2012, 05:27 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Avalanche XTR - Such a lemon...

I hope you know that you get what you pay for in this hobby; I also had the same problems with an Exceed RC 1/10 Rally Monster about 2 years back, and it was nothing but TROUBLE. First time i brought it out of the package, it was not starting. after 30 minutes of fine tuning the engine weakly came to life. Then, about 6 months later, it gets stuck at full, i run it almost into a brick wall. I was able to catch it in midair when i hit a jump, but that was a servo problem. Then i thought 'Wow, i got this for 150 and it runs like poo. Well, i guess you seriously do get what you pay for with rc.' So next time you get a rc car, save your pennies and nickels for a one with a bigger brand name like Associated, HPI, Traxxas or whatever else.  

P.S- i am not ranting about redcats or saying that you shouldn't buy one, there are great bashers and fun vehicles, but for racing: not too much.