Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HELP! Complete newb on nitro motors

So I just recently picked up a tornado s30. Never had a nitro rc car but always wanted one and figured this was a good platform to learn with. Anyways. While tuning today the car just suddenly stopped and wouldn't do anything but rev when I hit the throttle. Then it revs real high and the gears are turning super fast but not the wheels. Whats going on? I read the ENTIRE other post about the clutch upgrades and such and that is all in the works. Just hoping that nothing is broke until I can get that stuff in. Thanks in advance..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HELP! Complete newb on nitro motors

if the 2 spur gears are spinning fast, then the drive cups from the center trans may have come loose.

a set screw holds them to the center trans' output shafts. if the set screw gets loose, the drive cups just slip and dont send power the the front/rear diffs.

Its also possible that the center driveshafts have broke.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt58078.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	1712417  
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

where exactly is this set screw you speak of. Both dogbones "driveshafts" from the tranny look to be in good condition. No breaks or anything of that nature. Plus if I try to just manually roll the car forward on the floor it wont. Its as if the two back tires want to spin in opposite directions. . .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: godssoldier

where exactly is this set screw you speak of. Both dogbones ''driveshafts'' from the tranny look to be in good condition. No breaks or anything of that nature. Plus if I try to just manually roll the car forward on the floor it wont. Its as if the two back tires want to spin in opposite directions. . .

the drive cups are what the center dog bones go into. on the drive cup...the is a small hex screw(doesnt have a head, it sets flush with the drive cup with screwed in) and it may be loose.

if you tried to roll it on the floor and it was turned off with the servo engaging the brake the wheels wont turn.

the tires should spin in opposite directions...its an open diff. try holding 1 rear tire and spinning the other (with the buggy off the ground) It should spin and also spin at least 1 of the front tires.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well if the car and the radio turned on it all rolls but acts as if its binding up. I havent tried to tighten the drive cups yet because i need to get a tool set that has one small enough for that. Im going to attempt to do that tomorrow. Any other ideas of what this may be. . .