Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Monsoon XTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:19 PM
MaddMark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monsoon XTR

The os#8 is not only colder which retards timing , it is shorter which lowers compression. It is thplug I ran with 30% to start then went to McCoy 55 ultra hot. The sh .28 likes the hotter plug better. Just watch temps and keep under 300. I hear a lot about people getting 220-230 temps from sh .28 but I'm here in Texas and don't think 180 degrees over ambient temps is excessive. I guess I'll see how it works out in the long run. Staying with wildcat 20% eliminator fuel for both monsoons.
Oh, running McCoy mc55 glow plug.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:59 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes run a colder plug if you run 30% fuel. Different fuel does run different temps Sidewinder 30% the purple stuff does run cooler then byrons 30% race fuel.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:36 PM
MaddMark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, right after estarter install monsoon #1 blew the clutch bell bearings.
Ordered traxxis #5115 parts. Got them in today and installed. Damn, smooth as silk.
Got 2 set to have spares on hand. Will see how they last. When I lose another set I will order Bocas.
So final assembly going on now. Results will follow.
Oh , and I have some video if all goes well with reassembly I will have time to post later.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone for all the info. Think I've got it figured out. The more I thought about it, the more I thought my heat issue had to be an air leak somewhere. As I was getting ready to take my engine off and seal it, I noticed my HSN sleave was loose at the carb. When I took the fuel line off I could feel it was loose. Tightened it up and ran a tank today with outside temp in the upper 90's. It ran no problem.