Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Monsoon XTR Help

Old 06-22-2012, 06:47 PM
nhz0xs32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon XTR Help

Just got my new RC nitro 4.57cc Monsoon truggy today in the mail. Went through it all and Locktight everything that needed it. Had no problem breaking in the engine. Thing runs like a dream!! After getting home and cleaning it up, I noticed that both my front and rear center drive shafts *I think thats what they are called* are now bent. The front one is a small bend, but the rear is bent REALLY bad! Its now rubbing on Rear Brace connected to the chassis. Wondering if the parts I need to buy are the Veritcal Dogbones and the Transeveral Dogbones? Also since theses shafts are bent, is there any other places I need to check for more broke parts, since I do not know when or how both these shafts got bent. I did manage to brake off one of the Front body posts (plastic), can I replace them with ones that are Alum? If so which would be the correct parts to order?
Thanks
Nick
Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Monsoon XTR Help

You must have taken some hit to bend both center bones. You might take a good look at the front and rear shock towers and make sure you didn't bend them also. Redcat sells CVD's or universals. You can find them on the Monsoon parts page. Replace your center dogbones with these.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:27 PM
nhz0xs32

Yes I sure did. It didnt seem that hard of a hit, but it must have been. I ran into a 6in street curb, which made the car flip over backwards. Also the same time I broke one of the front body post mounts. I didnt have the body at the time, so those plastic post were really exposed. I found the CVDs you were talking about, I havent got a chance to measure the lengths of the shafts yet but i see in the parts poster that there are two different ones long and short. Do you know if I need both or just one size for front and rear? Also so I know im looking at the right parts they have a dogbone shape on one end and a U shape end connected to a whats looks to be the Center Differential Drive Cups, correct? Part numbers in part poster dont come up on Redcats parts search 886014 is the long and 886013 is the short one.
Thanks Dad
Nick
Old 06-23-2012, 04:52 AM
Dads like rc too

http://www.redcatracing.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1973/.f.

Part number 86910, you need two of them. There out of stock.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:00 AM
nhz0xs32

Thank you VERY much Dad. I found those shafts on ebay this morning, for little cheaper that Redcats site. Ordered two of them! Just now a waiting game on when they will get here.
Thanks again
Nick
Old 06-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Dads like rc too

will definitely be quicker from ebay. redcat delivers u p s ground and takes forever.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:30 AM
nhz0xs32

My glow plug seems to be burnt out already! Is there something Im doing wrong that would make is burn out in 3 days? Im looking to order new ones now, are there certain ones for certain cars? also Ive seen a couple different types some say medium some say hot glow plug, which ones should I order?
Thanks
Nick
Old 06-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: nhz0xs32

My glow plug seems to be burnt out already! Is there something Im doing wrong that would make is burn out in 3 days? Im looking to order new ones now, are there certain ones for certain cars? also Ive seen a couple different types some say medium some say hot glow plug, which ones should I order?
Thanks
Nick
Break in is hard on plugs. I think that engine is rated for a hot plug. I run a medium plug, they last a little longer. Extreme tuning in either direction will burn up plugs. When you broke it in it was very rich. Make sure your not to lean now.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:26 PM
kelynsdad1023

OS 8 is a good replacement if you burnt out the stock one .
Old 07-15-2012, 07:01 PM
nhz0xs32

So I managed to strip out one of the engine holder bracket screws, underneath the chassis. Wasn't paying attention and used the wrong key set. Used my standard set, instead of my metric. DUMB!!! I would to get extra screws for it, read the manual and parts list and of course I cant figure out which is the correct size screws. Anyone know which are the correct part numbers?
Thanks
Nick