Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado S30 running way to fast!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Ruffells

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado S30 running way to fast!

The car tries to take off really fast when cranked. I can stop it by hitting the brakes but when giving any gas and letting off the gas it continues to take off like its on full throtle until I stop it again. Doing so it also seems to make the engine smoke from heating up quickly.

I have no clue what to do about it lol please help!

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tornado S30 running way to fast!

Have you made sure that the throttle trim isn't set all the way.  Also when you look at it, has the throttle linkage retracted all the way?  If the throttle is closed and it's still screaming then you've got an air leak somewhere.  When you do it will run just like your describing, fire up and just want to take off full throttle.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:33 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Tornado S30 running way to fast!

you may need to adjust the idle set screw. it determines the gap the carb stays open when you let off the throttle. if its too big, the buggy will want to move even when you are not giving it throttle.

check the throttle trim on the radio as mentioned above.

as far as the motor heating up, that may require an adjustment to your high speed needle setting.

when at full throttle, is there visable smoke from the exhaust? If not, the motor is lean(not enough fuel) and this causes it to overheat. overheating can damage the motor.