Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

still testing caldera 10e

just put genes ace 2s lipos 5300 and the truck woke up over the stock battery and running sky 5000lipos wile doing donuts it sounded like the gears were grinding but not sure yet .next test is 3s 4400 skylipos to see what it can realy do. lukly i got two trucks one for testing.only problem so far is the dogbone screw came out fixed it with locktite.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: still testing caldera 10e

ORIGINAL: triumph 67

just put genes ace 2s lipos 5300 and the truck woke up over the stock battery and running sky 5000lipos wile doing donuts it sounded like the gears were grinding but not sure yet .next test is 3s 4400 skylipos to see what it can realy do. lukly i got two trucks one for testing.only problem so far is the dogbone screw came out fixed it with locktite.
    before you run a 3s...you have to wire the stock fan to be powered off the reciever batt port. if you do not, the fan will burn out.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i was running it after work and let a friend run it and he ran it right into a pond. so now let it dry out and see whats wrong what burnerd up luckly it floats now got to test with my new truck instead of the beater.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well after running the sky 2s 5000 40c it was ripping. but then the esc cought fire needless to say the new 100a going in for the 3s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well after getting ready to run 3s on the hk100a a big puff of smoke came out not sure if the motor or esc took a dive the esc stiil works but the motor is chattering and doesnt want to go.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: triumph 67

well after getting ready to run 3s on the hk100a a big puff of smoke came out not sure if the motor or esc took a dive the esc stiil works but the motor is chattering and doesnt want to go.
    You sound like a burnout waiting to happen!! lol
    Mine makes those funky sounds too usually when the front driveshafts are bent so check them out,, they bend back easily with a hammer once or twice
    wouldnt mind seeing some video if you can 4s seems a lil much to me im happy with 2s
    JRockZ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i run my other truck on 2s this one is for testing and tearing up but not having good luck so far. i will take some video when i get it up and running again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well now iam putting in a hobbywing 4000kv 8t combo with a hw 60amp and a 3s hw fan. stock motor took a dump still got hk100amp not sure about it yet save that for later.