Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Cant bind standard 2.4g radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Torch39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant bind standard 2.4g radio

Ibought the standard 2.4g radio.. It is the one that looks just like the am radio Tornado s30 came with.

It says to click the bind button on unit in the car until it blinks.. then click the bind button on the radio.. Radio suppose to blink once and be done..

I can not get it to blink.. the part in the car does nothing but blink..

Not sure what I am doing wrong or if the unit is defective

Old 02-24-2012, 10:35 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cant bind standard 2.4g radio

REdcat sells at least 4 different 2.4 radios that I have seen. You may need to use the bind plug to get yours to bind and only if its compatible in the first place. My brother and I bought identical Volcano S30s but my radio(both our radios were like yours) was slightly different and would not bind to his receiver. The newer radio (used to say DSM2 but doesnt now) is a little better, but they will not bind to the older black box type. Your LHS should be able to help you out.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Torch39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a lot of time I was able to get it to bind.. Asuma video was a bit wrong. Ihad to push the bind button in the module until it was blinking, then with the radio off push the bind button on the radio, while holding that flip the radio on and it binded to the module.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:35 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Torch39

I bought the standard 2.4g radio.. It is the one that looks just like the am radio Tornado s30 came with.

It says to click the bind button on unit in the car until it blinks.. then click the bind button on the radio.. Radio suppose to blink once and be done..

I can not get it to blink.. the part in the car does nothing but blink..

Not sure what I am doing wrong or if the unit is defective

I think you need to hold the bind button on the radio WHEN you turn it on (after you have the light on the reciever blinking)