Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

volcano out of control electric brushe

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

volcano out of control electric brushe

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:33 PM
kiter73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volcano out of control electric brushe

dGreetings for all who reading this!
I have a volcano since last week.Used about 20 times but now out of controll .Can not steer the right direction most of the time. When it stops ESC start blinking while no controll and few sec later going again than out of controll .I have noticed when it is stopped and turn steering left to right and back it start by itself and the servo goes crazy too.I need help what to do.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:22 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: volcano out of control electric brushe

Kinda sounds like your radio may be giving you issues.

Do you sometimes lose throttle control as well as steering?

The servo could also be bad.

Try re-binding the radio to the reciever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXwhQ...layer_embedded

If that doesnt help then you can also try to look for any slop or slipping in the steering linkage.

If its the radio/reciever itself thats bad, it should still be under warrenty.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:48 PM
kiter73

I have made a video how it actsyoutu.be/E6sY7_0oTzc ,but since than it is even wors .Start backing up like crazy and stop ,ESCblinking and nothing,i have to power off again and restart.I have noticed when i force the servo any direction it start to act like crazy ,so i think something related to servo.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: kiter73

I have made a video how it acts youtu.be/E6sY7_0oTzc ,but since than it is even wors .Start backing up like crazy and stop ,ESC blinking and nothing,i have to power off again and restart.I have noticed when i force the servo any direction it start to act like crazy ,so i think something related to servo.
try this...
remove the servo wire from the reciever.
then turn the truck on and see if you have proper throttle control.
If it does, then it is indeed the servo thats causing the issue. May sound odd, but I have had a bad servo interfere with the radio working right(thus effect the throttle control as well)

If that test makes no difference (meaning throttle control does not work right even with the servo unplugged from the reciever) then the radio or ESC is at fault.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:30 PM
kiter73

I think it is the servo too but make no sense ,It oly act wierd when the servo moves ,even when i lift the front and no weight on front tires so the servo work easy seems no problem but as soon it has some friction akt stupid .I suspect the radio receiver bad or the servo .
Old 01-30-2012, 07:31 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: kiter73

I think it is the servo too but make no sense ,It oly act wierd when the servo moves ,even when i lift the front and no weight on front tires so the servo work easy seems no problem but as soon it has some friction akt stupid .I suspect the radio receiver bad or the servo .
like I said, a bad servo can do wierd things. most of the time when a servo goes bad, it simply doesnt turn...as the gears get stripped. but if the internal board goes bad, it can effect the reciever's function and thus effect the speed control as well.

If you pull the servo plug out of the reciever and test to see if the throttle works right (turn the wheel on the radio as well to make sure it doesnt effect throttle control like it was in the video)

If the throttle control works fine with the servo plug pulled from the reciever then you can know for sure that the servo is bad.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Ttowntoolman

+1 servo bad. Is that an AM radio? If so they seem to be more apt to twitch when your servo gets week........Sometimes you can switch the RX crystal and the TX crystal and your problem may go away, thats right, put the RX crystal into the transmitter and the TX into the recever and try it. Good luck, defenitly try to unplug the servo like Nitrosportsandrunner said first!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:21 PM
kiter73

Thanks!I havecontacted redcat racing filled out the form.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:19 AM
kiter73

Here i am again!Need more help please .I have sent the car to redcat. 3 weeks passed by  .When it was on the way back they sent me e-mail what they fixed .Replaced radio system for 2.4 ghz and replaced servo.Guy said he could not get my am system work with the car ,weird .received car back ,put fresh batteries in it and go .It did go everywhere could not control only the throttle ,i could not control the steering.I was like i can not believe they did not fixed it.Started wit bind radio and still nothing just goes everywhere.I was messing with it about an hour now it stopped and just blinking ESC and does nothing.Seems like the radio receiver not working.Called redcat they said send it to them for repair.I was like ARE YOU KIDDING it just came back,how many times i have to send it to get repaired finally ?I asked them to send me a radio receiver what is like retail 19 bucks .He said no!Tried to bind radio but the light will not come on.Power goes in to the receiver from ESC  but none of the other 2 channels pin has power on it .Could the receiver die??There is a little button on this receiver i do not know what it do.
http://www.nitrorcx.com/fs-gtr3c-receiver.html   this receiver seems like the same i do not know if this would work with the radio.what should i do?