Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: -

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: -

ORIGINAL: sumocrawler88

Does anyone know the specs of the Sumo Crawler motor or have a data sheet on them? *

I was curious about the voltage, current limits and the gear ratio.

Pololu sells Micro Metal Gearmotors *http://www.pololu.com/catalog/category/60*and they look similar.

Thanks

sorry but i dont think youll be able to find specs on the sumo crawler motor. at least I couldnt find any on redcats site.

the ones you linked sure do look alot like the one in the sumo tho.

maybe if you take the stock motor out and power it up you can try to count and get an idea of the gear reduction.

then if you want more torque (and greater throttle control) get one of those motors with a greater gear reduction.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I seem to recall the downgearing is 1/65, you can check the pololu website if they have anything similar (I can only see 50 and 75 so you'll need to choose).

If you really need a different motor you can buy both (they're not expensive, just get the 50 and 75 gear reduction). If you want to spice up your current motor use a 2S Lipo, that'll do wonders for it already.