Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Receiver help

Old 01-26-2013, 09:48 PM
RaveCrusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver help

Need some help with my two nitro redcats and receiver issues. I have a nitro vortex ss which I crashed, nothing major and when I turned it over the steering no longer worked. After some investigation it appears the receiver channel is no longer working. Any way to fix this outside of a new reciever? I also have a nitro shockwave and that one is havering issues with the services being very twitchy and when you turn the steering the throttle will move, but all all times it twitching both servo's. am I looking at just replacing both receivers on them?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Receiver help

ORIGINAL: RaveCrusader

Need some help with my two nitro redcats and receiver issues. I have a nitro vortex ss which I crashed, nothing major and when I turned it over the steering no longer worked. After some investigation it appears the receiver channel is no longer working. Any way to fix this outside of a new reciever? I also have a nitro shockwave and that one is havering issues with the services being very twitchy and when you turn the steering the throttle will move, but all all times it twitching both servo's. am I looking at just replacing both receivers on them?
twitchy servos, replace the reciever. Flysky radio/recievers are compatible with redcat 2.4ghz and are cheap.
On the vortex, did you test its steering servo with the shockwave's radio? If you are sure the servo is good, then either the radio/reciever is bad. Since it happened right after a crash, the reciever is the more likely of the 2.