Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Can't get to program my esc properly

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Can't get to program my esc properly

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can't get to program my esc properly

I have this esc:

and i can't for the life of me get it programmed correctly.

Can someone please guide me step by step through how i adjust the amount of cells in the battery? When i turn the esc on it beeps 4 times which indicates 4S-battey, but i am going to use 3S. And please don't guide me to the user manual, it has confused me (but still helped a fair bit) enough for now.

I have managed to set the forward/reverse with brake (and throttle range setting), drag brake force and cut off-value, but whatever i am trying i just can't get the esc to beep 3 times when i turn it on. The flow chart doesn't give much info about what is on the lowest line other than "Nth item" whatever that is, and setting some values.

And can it, or can it not, be used together with a programming card? I don't seem to get a clear answer on this wherever i ask, i have heard that only the blue one (non ready to run-version) can be used together with a card.

I got his in a trade unused, have found out that it originally was operating in a Aftershock or a Backdraft.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:12 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Can't get to program my esc properly

Do yourself a favor..... contact Kurt at URCHobby.com He has program box's CHEAP!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:15 AM
billymare

Contact Kurt at URCHobby.com.... he will hook you up....
Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 AM
billymare

sorry for the double post, i got an error on the first and didn't know if it went thru
Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have sorta figured it out now with using the set-button, so i have got to set how many cells i am using with my batteries. Sure it would have been easier with a program box, but many have said that they won't work together with this RTR-version that i have got, only the one with the blue casing.

But thanks for stopping by here and for the tip!