Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado s30 burn hole

Old 02-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Zlash03

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Tornado s30 burn hole

I didnt notice it after I ran it but noticed after I took the body off. The exhaust manifold burned a hole in the body! I wanted to paint my own but im not sure if its a good idea now since its doing this. I suppose I hit to many things and bent the frame so now the body touches it. Is there a way that I can get it away from there? If not and I do paint one I might just cut the hole in it myself. I can attach pictures if anyone wants them.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Dads like rc too

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Tornado s30 burn hole

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Zlash03

I didnt notice it after I ran it but noticed after I took the body off. The exhaust manifold burned a hole in the body! I wanted to paint my own but im not sure if its a good idea now since its doing this. I suppose I hit to many things and bent the frame so now the body touches it. Is there a way that I can get it away from there? If not and I do paint one I might just cut the hole in it myself. I can attach pictures if anyone wants them.
you can push the muffler down a little by bending the muffler brace at the chassis, there's not much you can do about the header tough. You can also apply some heat resistant tape on the inside of the body where it touches the muffler. Most of us have trimmed the body just above the muffler, it does tend to sit right on it and melt.

Search this Thread