Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NEW epx pro-wheels nut keeps coming loose????

I have an epx pro, 2 weeks old. Barely an hour of running time on it and everytime i use it, even if for 5 min's, just one of the wheel nuts comes loose. What would cause that? I got some blue lock tite, but haven't been able to run since i put that on. why would it even come loose in the first place?

greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW epx pro-wheels nut keeps coming loose????

ORIGINAL: greg zts

I have an epx pro, 2 weeks old. Barely an hour of running time on it and everytime i use it, even if for 5 min's, just one of the wheel nuts comes loose. What would cause that? I got some blue lock tite, but haven't been able to run since i put that on. why would it even come loose in the first place?

greg
    Sometimes the nuts are not tight from the factory and if you haven't gone over the car with loc-tight you wind up seeing one of your wheels roll off the car. Obviously though you've checked/tightened them since the first time you noticed them coming loose so the problem maybe some sort of defective thread on the axle stub ends or the nut itself. Have you moved the nut that keeps loosening to a different wheel? This will help you figure out if it's the nut or the axle. Either way it's not a bad idea to loc-tight your wheel nuts. Also you can pick up better wheel nuts from you LHS for very little money. It's worth it to change them out. They'll stay tighter longer and usually have a broader, built in washer type base compared to the stock nuts that came with it.

SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah i switched it to a different wheel. then that one came loose. I think the loc tite will fix it, but it was still annoying. I have been looking into getting new ones, but i am not sure of the thread size. Are they common or not? I look up part #'s but they only give me the same part and no upgraded #'s. Where were i find some better ones? Thanks.

greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: greg zts

yeah i switched it to a different wheel. then that one came loose. I think the loc tite will fix it, but it was still annoying. I have been looking into getting new ones, but i am not sure of the thread size. Are they common or not? I look up part #'s but they only give me the same part and no upgraded #'s. Where were i find some better ones? Thanks.

greg
    they're pretty common. I'm not sure of the exact size, but your local hobby shop will know what you need.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The loc tite will solve your problem. Mine stay on with it and they have been on and off multiple times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a touch of loctite is fine.
    or go to your local hardware store and find an appropreate locknut for the car. Its possible the nylon part of your locknuts is worn/stripped so that its not grabbing the threads.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,