Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Rotary carb for .18 SH engine

Reply
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
  #1
jtheg
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Newport, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rotary carb for .18 SH engine

Does anyone know where I can get or what type of rotary carb will fit a .18 SH engine. I'm struggling to get info here in uk.
jtheg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM
  #2
Dads like rc too
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: myrtle beach, SC
Posts: 754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Rotary carb for .18 SH engine


Quote:
ORIGINAL: jtheg

Does anyone know where I can get or what type of rotary carb will fit a .18 SH engine. I'm struggling to get info here in uk.
do you mean your looking for an aftermarket carb or the stock SH? Redcat sells the stock SH carb that comes on the .18 engine. HPI'S G3.0 engines rotory carb fits as well.
Dads like rc too is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:47 PM
  #3
jtheg
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Newport, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Rotary carb for .18 SH engine

Thanks for the reply, I currently have an SH engine to fit on my bug crusher (redcat volcano) but it has a slide carb and my old engine (team infinity) has a rotary carb. I'm unsire how to set up the linkage for a slide carb.
Do you know if the team infinity carb will fit?

I dont mine getting either the stadard sh or the hpi carb. which on is better as the hpi is available here in the uk but the sh one isnt!


cheers.


edit: wow that hpi carb is expensive! £40 over here thats half the price of a new g3.0 engine.......

jtheg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:09 PM
  #4
Dads like rc too
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: myrtle beach, SC
Posts: 754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Rotary carb for .18 SH engine


Quote:
ORIGINAL: jtheg

Thanks for the reply, I currently have an SH engine to fit on my bug crusher (redcat volcano) but it has a slide carb and my old engine (team infinity) has a rotary carb. I'm unsire how to set up the linkage for a slide carb.
Do you know if the team infinity carb will fit?

I dont mine getting either the stadard sh or the hpi carb. which on is better as the hpi is available here in the uk but the sh one isnt!


cheers.


edit: wow that hpi carb is expensive! £40 over here thats half the price of a new g3.0 engine.......

A lot of these carbs are very similar. I'm not sure of the specs of your infinity engine but if the cc's are similar and the carb fits in the block I would give it a try. I just swapped my HPI G3.0 carb with a SH 3.0 carb. The SH carb made a huge difference.
Dads like rc too is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:57 AM
  #5
jtheg
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Newport, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Rotary carb for .18 SH engine

Thanks for the info. Are you saying the SH carb was better than the HPI!
I'm might try and connect up the slide carb on the SH engine then, shame to waste it!!


Cheers.
jtheg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:24 AM
  #6
Dads like rc too
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: myrtle beach, SC
Posts: 754
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Rotary carb for .18 SH engine


Quote:
ORIGINAL: jtheg

Thanks for the info. Are you saying the SH carb was better than the HPI!
I'm might try and connect up the slide carb on the SH engine then, shame to waste it!!


Cheers.
I thought it was. I had two brand new HPI carbs for the G3.0 and they were both very temperamental. The SH 3.0 and the HPI G3.0 are nearly identical engines but the HPI needed to be tuned every time you run it. The SH would run no matter what. You might need to adjust it a bit for optimum performance, but the HPI needed constant adjustment. So it was this that led me to swapping the carb out. I had disassembled the HPI carb twice and cleaned it but it never made a difference. The SH carb made the HPI engine scream for the first time. The only problem with using the slide carb versus the rotory is the servo placement.
Dads like rc too is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:44 AM
  #7
jtheg
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Newport, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Rotary carb for .18 SH engine

Thanks for the info I will try and set up the SH carb then. Might go and do it now!!!

jtheg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:00 PM.