Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rotary carb for .18 SH engine

Does anyone know where I can get or what type of rotary carb will fit a .18 SH engine. I'm struggling to get info here in uk.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Rotary carb for .18 SH engine

ORIGINAL: jtheg

Does anyone know where I can get or what type of rotary carb will fit a .18 SH engine. I'm struggling to get info here in uk.
    do you mean your looking for an aftermarket carb or the stock SH? Redcat sells the stock SH carb that comes on the .18 engine. HPI'S G3.0 engines rotory carb fits as well.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the reply, I currently have an SH engine to fit on my bug crusher (redcat volcano) but it has a slide carb and my old engine (team infinity) has a rotary carb. I'm unsire how to set up the linkage for a slide carb.
    Do you know if the team infinity carb will fit?

I dont mine getting either the stadard sh or the hpi carb. which on is better as the hpi is available here in the uk but the sh one isnt!

cheers.

edit: wow that hpi carb is expensive! £40 over here thats half the price of a new g3.0 engine.......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the reply, I currently have an SH engine to fit on my bug crusher (redcat volcano) but it has a slide carb and my old engine (team infinity) has a rotary carb. I'm unsire how to set up the linkage for a slide carb.
    Do you know if the team infinity carb will fit?

I dont mine getting either the stadard sh or the hpi carb. which on is better as the hpi is available here in the uk but the sh one isnt!

cheers.

edit: wow that hpi carb is expensive! £40 over here thats half the price of a new g3.0 engine.......

A lot of these carbs are very similar. I'm not sure of the specs of your infinity engine but if the cc's are similar and the carb fits in the block I would give it a try. I just swapped my HPI G3.0 carb with a SH 3.0 carb. The SH carb made a huge difference.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info. Are you saying the SH carb was better than the HPI!
    I'm might try and connect up the slide carb on the SH engine then, shame to waste it!!

Cheers.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info. Are you saying the SH carb was better than the HPI!
    I'm might try and connect up the slide carb on the SH engine then, shame to waste it!!

Cheers.
    I thought it was. I had two brand new HPI carbs for the G3.0 and they were both very temperamental. The SH 3.0 and the HPI G3.0 are nearly identical engines but the HPI needed to be tuned every time you run it. The SH would run no matter what. You might need to adjust it a bit for optimum performance, but the HPI needed constant adjustment. So it was this that led me to swapping the carb out. I had disassembled the HPI carb twice and cleaned it but it never made a difference. The SH carb made the HPI engine scream for the first time. The only problem with using the slide carb versus the rotory is the servo placement.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info I will try and set up the SH carb then. Might go and do it now!!!