Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Shredder SCB Bolt Replacement

I was doing a run with my new Shredder SCB when the steering suddenly went haywire. Upon closer inspection, I found out that I had lost a critical bolt in the front wheel assembly, the one which attaches it to the arm.

I went to my local hobby shop but they don't do Redcat (I ordered this truck online) and they said the biggest bolt they had was 3M size and this one appears to be 4M size.

I went to the user manual but even in the exploded view I could not find this bolt in the diagram so that I could order another one. Does anyone have the part number for this?Does anyone know where I could get another one?

Pictures attached to show the empty bolt hole, and the extant bolt in the other wheel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt58314.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	1742046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yu63522.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	1742047  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Shredder SCB Bolt Replacement

BS903-017N Left/Right C-Carrier w/Screws

Above is the part number for the hub carrier upgrade that includes the 4mm screws your looking for. Price is only $2.89 thru rufaster.com.

Redcat Caldera 10e MT
    Redcat Twister XTG Pro ST
    Venom Gambler SC
    Traxxas Slash 2WD
    Redcat Rockslide RS-10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would definately buy the upgraded aluminum steering knuckles.  I the same problem with my son's Caldera 10e and my HPI MT2.  Those knuckles have a lot of stress on them, the only thing holding them in place is the lower and upper screw that goes into plastic.  When you replace them with the aluminum one's, you can tighten down on the holding screws.  It should be the last time you replace them except for bad bashing.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Or just pick a bunch up from a hardware store. I've been losing those same screws in both my Backdraft and Lightning, with both plastic and aluminum c-carriers.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

I would definately buy the upgraded aluminum steering knuckles. *I the same problem with my son's Caldera 10e and my HPI MT2. *Those knuckles have a lot of stress on them, the only thing holding them in place is the lower and upper screw that goes into plastic. *When you replace them with the aluminum one's, you can tighten down on the holding screws. *It should be the last time you replace them except for bad bashing.

What upgraded steering knuckle? Can you please provide a part number for that.So your saying the steering knuckles and c hubs from a caldera will fit on the shredder?..Mine were junk right out of the box which was very anoying.
    mugen mbx5r,hyper 7, revo,savage,sportwerks mayhem buggy,hybrid 1/7 scale savage,Mayhem ST...mugen mbx5t KM BAJA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CHEVY 2

What upgraded steering knuckle? Can you please provide a part number for that.So your saying the steering knuckles and c hubs from a caldera will fit on the shredder?..Mine were junk right out of the box which was very anoying.
    No, the Caldera knuckles won't fit. The link Bigblueford referenced is for the stock plastic replacements. Much cheaper than the aluminum. I did this 2 times in 3 weeks before I bought the aluminum one's. That was Aug. of 2011. They've been solid ever since. Here's the Redcat Upgraded part for the Shredder

http://www.redcatracing.com/BS903-111
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :