Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Getting back in the hobby after 4 years

I have been reading a while wanting to get back in the hobby and i finally bit the bullet and bought a avalanche xp off the classifieds on here. It was still new for $200 with nitro starter kit. After waiting on a week for it to come in I went to my closest hobby shop to get a gallon of fuel and ended up spending way more cash than I expected lol. I came out with a new savage also so now I got two trucks to break in when i can find time.

So on with a couple questions about the avalanche. Is there any parts I need to stock up on just for bashing not real rough stuff? I thought I had messed up after buying it then finding out it had been discontinued. Will parts start getting harder to find?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx70414.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	1749636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zu64754.jpg 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	1749637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ej11993.jpg 
Size:	254.1 KB 
ID:	1749638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zt52681.jpg 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	1749639   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fq89980.jpg 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	1749640  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Getting back in the hobby after 4 years

Also are there any upgrades needed for the avalanche that I will need? I have read about the crappy radios and servos. Is that something I need to do right now or can it wait awhile until my wallet isnt hurting so bad lol. I know this thing looks built a whole lot better than my last 1/10 scale redcat I owned.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also are there any upgrades needed for the avalanche that I will need? I have read about the crappy radios and servos. Is that something I need to do right now or can it wait awhile until my wallet isnt hurting so bad lol. I know this thing looks built a whole lot better than my last 1/10 scale redcat I owned.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zack221

If the servos in you Avalanche are the same as my Monsoon XTR, they'll be fine for awhile. Redcat uses 3 models. A 3, 6, and 9. My Monsoon has the 9's in them. They're metal geared and work fine. As far as the radio goes, it doesn't have endpoint adjustments but if your just having fun it will work just fine. It's a cheap radio but it works.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok thanks it does have 9 for steering servo. I broke the axle stub so im waiting on it before I can start beating on it. Its a good thing I dont need any thing else right now.