Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What happened??? s30 opposite direction

So I put a hop up kit into my Volcano S30. I did not take off the diffs at the same time or do anything that would cause parts to be swapped in location. So after putting it back together the front wheels move in the opposite direction. By that I mean if I push both the back wheels forward the front wheels move backwards. How in the world does that happen? I didn't take the diffs apart. I don't get these at all and it even stumped a hobby worker at the local tower hobbies store. After I figure this out I am putting this up for sale with the hop up kit and all the extra parts. I just had too much.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What happened??? s30 opposite direction

When you put it back together you put the ring gear or ( Ham ) on the opposite side of the pinion gear. It happens no big deal. You will need to figure out which diff is moving the correct way and then you will need to flip over the ( diff ham , ring gear) of the incorrect to the other side of the input pinion gear. Hope it helps you out.
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What happened??? s30 opposite direction

But I didn't take anything apart in the diff. That is why I am so confused. So how would the ring gear get moved?