Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Use Marvel's Mystery Oil as After Run Oil for Tornado S30?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Use Marvel's Mystery Oil as After Run Oil for Tornado S30?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
fun4oli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use Marvel's Mystery Oil as After Run Oil for Tornado S30?

I read elsewhere on the good practice of using after-run oil. But people were all over the place which oil to use. Some recommended Marvel's Mystery Oil as a cheaper alternative, though some said that it would depend on the engine whether that oil is safe.

Does anyone have experience whether it is OK to use MMO for the Tornado S30?

Thx, Oliver
Old 04-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Use Marvel's Mystery Oil as After Run Oil for Tornado S30?

ORIGINAL: fun4oli

I read elsewhere on the good practice of using after-run oil. But people were all over the place which oil to use. Some recommended Marvel's Mystery Oil as a cheaper alternative, though some said that it would depend on the engine whether that oil is safe.

Does anyone have experience whether it is OK to use MMO for the Tornado S30?

Thx, Oliver
I know I'm gonna get jumped for saying this but unless your storing your car outside or out on the dock next to the ocean, don't sweat what kind of oil your using. I mean, if you have a $300 race engine, I might look into it a little further, but with the stock engines anything works. I use simple 3 n 1 tool oil. I only use it if my engine is going to be sitting for 2 weeks or more. I store my rc's in the garage and I live about 6-7 miles from the ocean. I've never had a problem yet. Especially if you run it 3-4 times a week, I wouldn't even bother. I've read on here people using after run oil after the last run of the day even if they're going to use it the next day. In my opinion it's overkill. But this is just my opinion, that's what you get on a public forum. If you really want the right answer, you need to check with the manufacturer as to what oil to use and when to use it.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:18 PM
ThePenguins

Pretty much what Dad said except I live in the midwest (humidity here gets sort of rough) and use WD-40 in the engine after every day I run it. You are putting lube in the engine to keep the left over fuel from drawing moister and gumming up the inside. So to answer your question, MMO should be fine. It may be a little difficult to start when you first take it out after putting it in the engine, but thats common with most after run oils.

You will also find that everyone has a different opinion on filter oil. I run sae 40 motor oil on my filters.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 AM
nitrosteve22

I've ran Marvel's mystery oil since I've been in nitro's and never had a problem.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 PM
jbreeze

I just recently purchased Hobbico after run oil according to the bottle it *enhances performance *Inhibits rusts *PROTECTS YOUR ENGINE AND MAKES IT LAST LONGER. That's what got me to buy it lol I will be using this on my vortex ss..It cost me $5 shipped on ebay for 2oz.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 PM
fun4oli

Thanks so much for your answers!!

I decided to invest five dollars in a bottle of MMO which looks like it will last me a lifetime ;-)

Oliver