Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

**OFFICIAL** VORTEX SS Parts, Discussion, Pics, Videos

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

**OFFICIAL** VORTEX SS Parts, Discussion, Pics, Videos

Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 PM
jbreeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **OFFICIAL** VORTEX SS Parts, Discussion, Pics, Videos

I recently bought a Vortex SS its my first nitro rc. Ive only had it for a week and have ran it twice so far and after some major bashing I broke the front bumper, lost front right dogbone and messed up left front shock absorber..Ok that might sound bad but honestly its not considering for what this car has gone thru (rocks, pavement, dirt, jumps etc.) I have shopped around and purchased some upgrades to fix these minor damages found ebay to be the best source so far.. Until now i have got to say its a fun and fast nitro sct for only $180 shipped on ebay..its a good purchase with budget in mind and parts arent expensive. Great first nitro rc
After a few days of waiting My Vortex is up and running, ready to hit the road again.. Im sure there are more Vortex SS owners out their - I havent really seen a Vortex SS section so i created this one for the Vortex SS community.

Questions/Topics

Would any 12mm hex wheels/tires fit?

What mods are on your VORTEX SS?Upgrades etc. Part #'s

Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
nitrosteve22

Default RE: **OFFICIAL** VORTEX SS Parts, Discussion, Pics, Videos

Does it count if I'm converting my Tornado to a Vortex? Buggies are cool and stuff but I like trucks!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:17 PM
jbreeze

Sure thing welcome, sounds interesting converting a buggy into a SCT keep me posted onhow your project turns - If you dont mind the question why convert the buggy instead of buying the Vortex is there a benefit in doing this?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:18 PM
nitrosteve22

The two places I shop for Redcat goods are out of stock on the Vortex or I would buy one And just use my Tornado for spare parts. Upgrade to the SH.18 my Caldera has and fly!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:54 PM
nitrosteve22

Got a red SCT body on the way... with the Proline Dirt Hawgs it's not much buggy,great traction though. Finally broke my Caldera 3.0. TornadWo to the rescue! What do you call a Tornado turned in to a Volrtex?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 PM
nitrosteve22

Let's breath a little life back in to this one. Finally got everything together and gunna finish this up real quick and get some pics and vids up. Not sure how much of a SCT It'll be but it should look ok. The Proline dirt hawgs stick out a little more than I thought.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 PM
chuchomorey

does anybody know if the 2075 traxxas servo can be used on the vortex ss? if yes can it be used for steering and throttle?