Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lost screw on my 3.5 earthquake

lost screw on my 3.5 earthquake on my 5th tank of my breakin!,.....came out of the c carrier bottom,looks like it goes threw the lower control arm,....then in the bottom of the carrier?....what size bolt is this?....thinkin by dumb luck i can get one at the hardware store?...to hold me over.....they show the carrier part #bs903-017 comes with screws,......hate to have to wait a week to order one,................any help?....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: lost screw on my 3.5 earthquake

If you are certain it comes with part # bs903-017, then you need a 3mm screw of the proper lenght.

If the screw comes with part # bs903-017N, then its a 4mm screw.

And yeh, you should be able to find a screw at most any hardware store that will fit.

Id take the one out of the other side with you to the store for reference.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

If you are certain it comes with part # bs903-017, then you need a 3mm screw of the proper lenght.

If the screw comes with part # bs903-017N, then its a 4mm screw.

And yeh, you should be able to find a screw at most any hardware store that will fit.

Id take the one out of the other side with you to the store for reference.
    thanks annd its the knuckle screw my bad,,.,,,,part# BS903-111.................same screw 3/4 mm.........but i was wondering on my book that came with my earthquake that part shown in the explowed view..is bs903-015,but searcing on ebay iits has the bs903-111 #.......whats up with the different part #"s????.....infact the 903-111# isnt even listed on my parts list?.........but anyway!!!! im having a freaking blast with it even just doing the 5 tank run in,......thanks!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Like Nitro said, you can use the screw from the other side to find a replacement but also you may want to try the other screw where the one is missing.  It may actually be stripped and not just missing.  The plastic knuckles strip very easily.  This is in my opinion the weakest part of the Caldera line.  It's not just Redcat either, other manufactures that use the same type of front end assembly have the same issues.  My Hpi MT2 had the same problem.  I eventually replaced the plastic knuckles with the aluminum upgrades.  They were on the expensive side but in the end well worth it.  At first I replaced the stock one's with the factory plastic replacements.  These seemed to hold up well as long as you don't bump into anything moderately hard.  You might try replacing them with the plastic one's for now since they're so inexpensive, but I would plan on buying the aluminum one's in the future.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

Like Nitro said, you can use the screw from the other side to find a replacement but also you may want to try the other screw where the one is missing. It may actually be stripped and not just missing. The plastic knuckles strip very easily. This is in my opinion the weakest part of the Caldera line. It's not just Redcat either, other manufactures that use the same type of front end assembly have the same issues. My Hpi MT2 had the same problem. I eventually replaced the plastic knuckles with the aluminum upgrades. They were on the expensive side but in the end well worth it. At first I replaced the stock one's with the factory plastic replacements. These seemed to hold up well as long as you don't bump into anything moderately hard. You might try replacing them with the plastic one's for now since they're so inexpensive, but I would plan on buying the aluminum one's in the future.
    Thanks,..i did get some button screws at local Hware store,but what i didnt notice was the bushing went AWOL also,....im guessing you cant just get the bushing?....(sleeve,insert) what ever its called,..i will try a bolt on the side it fell out of to see,if the steering hub is not stripped,................thanks