Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Caldrea 10E short radio range

I just bought a Caldera10E, and straight out of the box after charging an installing batteries, it will only go about 40 to 50 feet and I lose control of the truck. I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong, I have notplayed witha RC vehicle in at least 20 years. I am getting back intothe hobbytoplay with my sons. Any help will be appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Caldrea 10E short radio range

You should be getting somewhere closer to 100m of range from the stock radio (or at least 3x-4x what you've described). I would contact Redcat support: a bad radio out-of-the-box isn't unheard of, and they'll probably just mail you a replacement.

If that sounds like too much work a replacement FlySky 2ch or 3ch radio costs $20-30 new.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nothing you could do would cause short range.
    either the radio or reciever needs to be replaced.
    fill out the warrenty form on redcat's site and they will take care of it.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I appreciate your input. I sent the warraty form to Redcat Racing,and am waiting for their reply. It is still very aggravating to have problems with something before you have a chance tohave any fun with it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: motorhead65

I appreciate your input. I sent the warraty form to Redcat Racing,and am waiting for their reply. It isΒ* still very aggravating to have problems with something before you have a chance toΒ*have any fun with it.
    unfortunately it happens sometimes.

I bought a 1/8 crawler (uses the same radio as yours) and the radio was dead out of the box....throttle worked but no steering at all. I tested the truck with another radio and the steering was fine.
    sent in a warrenty claim and redcat mailed me a replacement radio/reciever.
    You can also buy these radios or just the recievers under the "flysky" name on hobbypartz.com and ebay. They are pretty cheap. I have more than one model running off just 1 redcat radio as i bought 3 of the flysky recievers awhile back off hobbypartz.com At the price of $10 a reciever...its cheaper than buying say a traxxas AM radio!
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,