Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lost binding to my Tornado S30?

We were playing with our Tornado S30. The gas ran out, we paude and then refuled, we switched on again the receiver and radio, but the car did not react.

We put in new batteries, same. When Iswitch on the receiver it applies the brakes, so Iguess it must be in fail-safe mode. When Iswitch on the radio the red "Batt." light is on, as is the "LED" light. After a while the Batt light starts to blink, Iguess because we do not use the radio.

So I think that maybe for some reason the binding between radio and receiver got lost. Does that sound reasonable? And how would we try to re-establish that. There is a "Bind." button on the radio, but no instructions in the manual what the binding process looks like. When we got the car a few weeks ago the binding worked right away out of the box.

Thanks,
    Oliver

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Lost binding to my Tornado S30?

Take a look at this video - It tells you how to bind your radio. If you need more help just ask.

Good Luck!

www.youtube.com/watch

If you need a binding cable you can make your own. All your doing is making a connection between the two outside pins. I can provide more information if you need.
    If it\'\'s not broken, Fix it til it is!

Murphy\'\'s Law: If it can go wrong, it will

www.CoroPlanes.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Make shure you didn't lose connection between the battery holder and the receiver. Unplug and plug that little red plug at the battery holder. Happens a lot.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

as mentioned, check the rx wires....

and yes, the radio and rx can come unbound. Not sure why, but I have had it happened. On mine, I lost just steering function. I rebound the radio the the rx and problem was solved.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, so I looked at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxTETBTePU(our radio is this older-looking one).

Switched on Rx and Tx. The Rx has power. It is blinking right away (meaning: I am not bound). We press the bind button on the Rx once, just for good measure. Rx still blinking. OK. Now we push the bind button on the Tx, and hold ... but the LED on the Tx does not go off an on, and the LED on the Rx does not stop flashing.

Any idea?