Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Traxxas motors. Need help fast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 PM
1969elcamino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas motors. Need help fast!!!

Can I put dual traxxas 12t 550 motors in my red cat volcano epx pro?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:44 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas motors. Need help fast!!!

Yes you "CAN" do it. It would take alot of modding and work and the results wouldnt be that impressive.

You would have to fabricate your own duel motor mount. And having 2 motors would be in the way of the stock battery location, so you would have to place it somewhere else.

If you have the Pro version, then it was brushless. If you brushless system failed, it will be much easier (and not any more expensive) to put another brushless system into it.
Duel 550 motors with a emaxx ESC will run you $70 or more (for used) and will not be any faster than a brushless system.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:53 PM
ThePenguins

Also it should be noted,

"Titan 12T motors are intended for use in single motor and single battery pack applications, up to 8.4 volts. Traxxas does not recommend the use of Titan 12T motors in dual motor vehicles, such as the E-Maxx, Villain, or Villain EX."

Taken from the Traxxas website.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:10 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: ThePenguins

Also it should be noted,

''Titan 12T motors are intended for use in single motor and single battery pack applications, up to 8.4 volts. Traxxas does not recommend the use of Titan 12T motors in dual motor vehicles, such as the E-Maxx, Villain, or Villain EX.''

Taken from the Traxxas website.
I figured he meant the 550 titan's from the emaxx. those are like 23t i think.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:57 PM
ThePenguins

Everything you said was factual I was just trying to reinforce that it will be far more difficult and expensive that it's worth. I have an E-maxx with the dual 21t motors and it may be the most dissapointing vehicle I ever bought. Sounds like it's going to fall apart everytime I hit the brake.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: ThePenguins

Everything you said was factual I was just trying to reinforce that it will be far more difficult and expensive that it's worth. I have an E-maxx with the dual 21t motors and it may be the most dissapointing vehicle I ever bought. Sounds like it's going to fall apart everytime I hit the brake.
I have owned 3 different emaxx's
I love the size, and the power is pretty good if you use a pair of 2s lipo batts.

But the plastic bulkheads, and slider shafts were always an issue.

When it came down to it tho, I just dont like running a truck that requires 2 batteries.

But to the OP, I think you get the point, a twin motor volcano will be a pain to build and wont perform as well as a brushless system.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:55 PM
86MOmo

IFyou are talking about the 550 size can, I don't think you can get the clearance w/o cutting the chassis. Even with a standard 540 motor, there is little room for the motor. I know that when we tried to install a velineon system into one for a customer, it required the end cap to be removed and other cutting to be done.

IMO, its not worth it.

MOmo