Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just received my new Redcat SC 10E

I just received my Redcat Caldera SC 10E and a Lipo battery. Well the Lipo battery was the wrong length and would not fit my ride. I went to my local hobby shop to buy a Lipo battery. He asked me what I was putting it into and I told him a Redcat RC. He told me to check the ESC to make sure that you don't have to change any settings going from a Nimh to a Lipo? Do I need to make any changes?

Thanks
    Current Rides: Mugen MBX5 Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak 55 Past Rides: Savage 21, SS, 4.6, Losi Drake, NTC3, Ofna Ultra MBX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Just received my new Redcat SC 10E

ORIGINAL: scotthg1

I just received my Redcat Caldera SC 10E and a Lipo battery. Well the Lipo battery was the wrong length and would not fit my ride. I went to my local hobby shop to buy a Lipo battery. He asked me what I was putting it into and I told him a Redcat RC. He told me to check the ESC to make sure that you don't have to change any settings going from a Nimh to a Lipo? Do I need to make any changes?

Thanks
    as long as its a 2s, you dont have to change anything.

If you wanted to run a 3s lipo (which you can, tho I dont reccomend) you have to rewire the ESC's fan to be powered off the reciever...and not of the ESC's board as it is.

The ESC already has LVC, which will shut down the truck when its time to recharge the lipo.

Sounds like you have a good hobby shop. some dont think to ask questions like that.

I reccomend a 2s 5000mah 30c lipo. this will give you 25 minutes or so of runtime and have plenty of punch.

hobbypartz.com has several such lipos, which are under $35 shipped. And they come with the same connectors the caldera's ESC has.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Just received my new Redcat SC 10E

Thanks nitrosportsandrunner

I just placed an order for two Lipo 5000 30c's.

Very much appreciated!

Current Rides: Mugen MBX5 Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak 55 Past Rides: Savage 21, SS, 4.6, Losi Drake, NTC3, Ofna Ultra MBX