Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Just received my new Redcat SC 10E

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Just received my new Redcat SC 10E

Old 05-28-2012, 07:58 PM
scotthg1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just received my new Redcat SC 10E

I just received my Redcat Caldera SC 10E and a Lipo battery. Well the Lipo battery was the wrong length and would not fit my ride. I went to my local hobby shop to buy a Lipo battery. He asked me what I was putting it into and I told him a Redcat RC. He told me to check the ESC to make sure that you don't have to change any settings going from a Nimh to a Lipo? Do I need to make any changes?

Thanks
Old 05-29-2012, 06:24 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Just received my new Redcat SC 10E

ORIGINAL: scotthg1

I just received my Redcat Caldera SC 10E and a Lipo battery. Well the Lipo battery was the wrong length and would not fit my ride. I went to my local hobby shop to buy a Lipo battery. He asked me what I was putting it into and I told him a Redcat RC. He told me to check the ESC to make sure that you don't have to change any settings going from a Nimh to a Lipo? Do I need to make any changes?

Thanks
as long as its a 2s, you dont have to change anything.

If you wanted to run a 3s lipo (which you can, tho I dont reccomend) you have to rewire the ESC's fan to be powered off the reciever...and not of the ESC's board as it is.

The ESC already has LVC, which will shut down the truck when its time to recharge the lipo.

Sounds like you have a good hobby shop. some dont think to ask questions like that.

I reccomend a 2s 5000mah 30c lipo. this will give you 25 minutes or so of runtime and have plenty of punch.

hobbypartz.com has several such lipos, which are under $35 shipped. And they come with the same connectors the caldera's ESC has.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 AM
scotthg1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just received my new Redcat SC 10E

Thanks nitrosportsandrunner

I just placed an order for two Lipo 5000 30c's.

Very much appreciated!