Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

carrying case for starter kit?

i'm looking for a decent (portable) carrying case for my starter kit, so i mean there's not that many tools just a couple screw drivers, wrenches, glow ignitor. currently i keep everything in the box it came in but, it's kind of a hassle opening/closing this box each time and putting tools back in, etc. etc. I checked home depot and lowes website since i figured pretty much any kind of basic carrying case would work but, dont' see anything good on there.

any recommendations? what do you use for portability to bring your tools with you wherever you go? also now that i think about it, i'd like it to be a little larger so i could put in other tools i have as well but, don't take up too much space but, would be good to have everything together in one place instead of having to dig through my backpack for each and every thing. also i don't want anything heavy like a hard case or something, i'd prefer a soft case with zipper if possible.

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: carrying case for starter kit?

I'd look at the tackle box section and then toolboxes at Walmart, in that order.

I started with a little soft side cooler I probably stole from a golf course because it was the perfect fit for my radio, plug heater and some batteries and tools. Now have a small toolbox and a milk crate to throw the rest in. My "can do nothing in moderation" father-in-law has a case like this: http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...0&click=106800

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: carrying case for starter kit?

Home Depot has these little red flat boxes with clear tops on hinges. You can fit all your little Allen keys, glow igniter, and a big assortment of nuts and screws, pins and loctite in it. The compartments adjust to the size you want.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :