Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

new backdraft 3.5 problems

Well first off, hi to all! I just got the backdraft broke in and been having problems starting it after it runs awhile! Also it seems to be running in only one speed, is there any way to adjust this 2 speed timing on this buggy, because its different from the video on the other 2 speeds? Man I have blisters on my fingers from trying to start it after it heats up! Thanks any help will be helpful

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: new backdraft 3.5 problems

Make sure you aren't running a fuel with too much oil. We tried a 18% mix and I couldnt get my 3.5 to run for crap.

For the transmission, you'll have to take the whole thing apart. There's a set screw on the side of one of the gears that tensions a spring against a centrifugally actuated lever. You'll want to turn it out a bit. Unfortunately it's a whole lot of tearing apart and putting back together over and over again to test.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well im running 20%! Can u buy 18%? if so where can u get it! Also shouldnt I put diff oil back in it when I tear it down?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The transmission isn't sealed, you'll just want to make sure the gears are greased. You're running 20% nitro, you want to see what the oil %age is. The more oil the hotter its going to need to be to burn and the more susceptible it's going to be to fouling plugs. I think 10% oil is about what you want.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmm I wondering if it be better to use a hotter plug instead of using10%? Im thinking 10% may berough on the engine! what do you think?
    ORIGINAL: NewRageRC

The transmission isn't sealed, you'll just want to make sure the gears are greased. You're running 20% nitro, you want to see what the oil %age is. The more oil the hotter its going to need to be to burn and the moresusceptibleit's going to be to fouling plugs. I think 10% oil is about what you want.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my EQ has the 3.5 engine and i use 20% nitro and it runs just fine . Im using sidewinder fuel for mine .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the EQ 3.5 and I use Byron fuel with 20% nitro and 12% oil and use OS8 glow plugs and it runs like a champ !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MadMax49

Hmm I wondering if it be better to use a hotter plug instead of using10%? Im thinking 10% may berough on the engine! what do you think?
    ORIGINAL: NewRageRC

The transmission isn't sealed, you'll just want to make sure the gears are greased. You're running 20% nitro, you want to see what the oil %age is. The more oil the hotter its going to need to be to burn and the moresusceptibleit's going to be to fouling plugs. I think 10% oil is about what you want.
    I don't know. I tried probably half a dozen different plugs and gave up on the fuel we had and bought something with less oil because it was just too frustrating.