Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New redcat cars coming?

Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Dean Borchin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New redcat cars coming?

Found 2 new ones:

http://www.redcatracing.com/Sandstorm

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/Tremor-Series

Sandstorm. Looks like a take off of the HPI Apache and Exo Terra buggy. Should be interesting. Wonder what platform or if its all new?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
PetRock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ijust took a quick look at the BSD/Himoto/HSP web pages... and can't find anything quite like it. I wish there was a body-off picture as that would help narrow it down. If you twisted my arm I'd guess it's a HSPRally Monster with a different body/bumper tires... but really I have no idea.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 PM
PetRock

OK, so from the teasers page:

This...

...is the buggy:

And these:

...are the 1/16th scales:

So, there's still an on-road hiding from us:

And something very strange:

...which I think is actually obvious. It absolutely has to be a consumer version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ox1Cb9uoy8

!!!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:56 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that guys steam trike is a sick build.

But yes, we have 2 of the models revealed with 3 pics acounted for.

And 2 left are most likely the same, a belt driven onroad car.

I think they put out the 1st 2 ahead of the others are they are not really all that new.

They had the tremor before. This one may be a redesign tho. and its interesting to see a brushed 1/16 that comes with a 2s lipo battery. Less weight, more power, better runtimes. kinda makes sence.

And the baja is (I am fairly sure) a epx model with a new body. The front bumper looks to be off the vortex SS.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

I took the liberty of comparing the Sandstorm and Apache side by side. To be honest I kinda wish they came up with their own design instead of blatanly copying one car's body (and doing it wrong but ill explain that in a minute). The Apache kinda puts that Redcat to shame in my opinion. The Sandstorm just looks cheaper. The tires have no deep tread to speak of, they look like they are made from really hard rubber, the body is cheaply cut and has jagged angles, and there is one thing they didnt copy with the body that they should have. (Correct me if thats a computer-generated image or the real thing cause to be honest I cant tell.) See on the Apache how the body actually goes inside the chassis by the front left shock to keep dust and rocks out? Redcat left that open so all the rocks your run over can hop on in and enjoy the ride too.

While yes there is a SIGNIFICANT price difference between the 2, I feel Redcat could have tried to "up their game" with a new line to make their cars more appealing. Not to make the customer feel like they have to dump tons of aftermarket parts into it just to make it aesthetically presentable.

Im still wondering what kind of an abomination that one-wheel thing could be...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37239.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1810014  
Old 10-10-2012, 05:45 PM
PetRock

ORIGINAL: Zlash03
While yes there is a SIGNIFICANT price difference between the 2, I feel Redcat could have tried to "up their game" with a new line to make their cars more appealing. Not to make the customer feel like they have to dump tons of aftermarket parts into it just to make it aesthetically presentable.
You're right, the Apache is 4x the price of the Redcat buggy. Not much room to up your game when you're charging 1/4 the cash as the other guy .

As for copying the style, yeah they're similar, but they have to stay somewhat close to the real cars. I do like the Apache better though, it's just not in my price range.

I want to see what's under the hood! Still guessing a Rally Monster chassis under there...

Old 10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the body on the apache cost twice as much to make.

the sharp angles, lack of dust shield ect keep the price down.

and this is kinda redcat's 1st attempt at a scale looking body. All of their other bodies are simple "stamped" screen printed ones.

The apache body looks better, no argument there. But ive seen the body alone on ebay for $50.

this body IS redcat upping their game IMO. To offer a better looking body without a huge price increase. (it is about $10 more than a volcano epx)

While it may not stand up compaired to the apache, I think it looks much better than many of their current bodies.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Zlash03

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

the body on the apache cost twice as much to make.

the sharp angles, lack of dust shield ect keep the price down.

and this is kinda redcat's 1st attempt at a scale looking body. All of their other bodies are simple "stamped" screen printed ones.

The apache body looks better, no argument there. But ive seen the body alone on ebay for $50.

this body IS redcat upping their game IMO. To offer a better looking body without a huge price increase. (it is about $10 more than a volcano epx)

While it may not stand up compaired to the apache, I think it looks much better than many of their current bodies.

I see what you mean there. I will actually give them credit for making a roll cage though. Lets just hope it can take a few rolls.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:20 PM
PetRock

Wow, it is a trike, and does it look like 3wd?!? Check out Big Squid RC!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM
PetRock

Other new model is the brushless buggy: looks nicer than the Sandstorm:

Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Zlash03

^^^^^^ Yeah that looks WAY better.