Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Who knew?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 AM
RaveCrusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who knew?

Before buying a RedCat Vortex SS for me and a Shockwave for my son both nitro models I did a ton of research becuase I have never heard of the brand before. I saw a lot of negative comments out there and owning Traxxis prior to this I had my doubts. But it seemed most of the the complaints stemmed from the low price point and how could REDCAT be any good. I just want to post and say since owning both models for over a month now it been a blast. Both models work perfectly and give us hours of fun on the weeknds bashing around the local parks. I have had no issues aside from a missing dogbone due to a accident on my part with the curb.

What a great product! and I would recommend these to anyone I know.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who knew?

Thats good to hear you got two good models. I think they might have a problem with 'Quality control" though. I bought a Tornado s30 last christmas and its been a nightmare ever since. Here is my list of problems:

Took me 3 days to get it to run.

Within 2 tanks it bent the right rear dogbone so bad it hit the shock. (Fixed)

The screws that hold the dogbones into the cups on the center diff. went missing, successfully making it "one wheel peel". (Not fixed)

And the latest and greatest accident is....I hit a curb head on at 5-10MPH and it broke the wire for the On/Off switch for the receiver and ripped the antenna out. Now it needs a new receiver and On/Off switch.

So after all that I am going to put it down for a while. In the mean time I bought a Lightning EPX Drift for $112. Now thats a good quality car that I have BIG plans for because it can actually handle it. Its the best one ive ever had. Even better than my brand new Micro SCT, Micro T and Mini T.