Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Sumo RC issues

Is anyone having issues with the main gear (mounted on driveshaft) stripping or breaking teeth? I have sold 9 of these in the past couple weeks with 3 returned within a day with this issue. All 3 were truggys stock out of the box no mods. I know they are the same platform as the trucks but I have not had any of the trucks returned for this issue. I have had 2 trucks come back because of servo issues tho. I have a store demp truck with the 180 mod and aluminum upgrades and never had any issues with it and it has been through some tough runs and jumps.

Denny
    Big Boys RC Toys
    Howard, PA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Sumo RC issues

I wouldn't say I've seen an issue but out of 8 or so Sumos I've seen it happen a handful of times. Mine stripped because I over tightened the motor mount screws, bored  out the holes and couldn't keep a good mesh. The neighbor kid likes to run in to things and keep pulling on the throttle. Grass particularly seems to like to strip them out.

RE: Sumo RC issues

Yea I could see that happening from overtightening but these are stock out of box. and its not breaking the bigger part its breaking the smaller portion of the gear that contacts the the diff. the teeth are actually breaking clean off no other wear on them. has to be cheap plastic production flaw or bad setup. I know you cannot expect much from a car in this line but can expect more than that from it.
    Denny
    Big Boys RC Toys
    Howard, PA