Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

.28 tunning help

Old 07-22-2012, 08:31 AM
heathen76

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default .28 tunning help

Ok got the diffs rebuilt and got it to run .yea for me cause I'm not great at tuning these motors . Dose anyone know the factory setting for the .28 in the avalanche xrt . When I hit the breaks the motor dies and is hard to start back up . Please help tired of looking at this truck sit
Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Dads like rc too

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: .28 tunning help

Quote:
ORIGINAL: heathen76

Ok got the diffs rebuilt and got it to run .yea for me cause I'm not great at tuning these motors . Dose anyone know the factory setting for the .28 in the avalanche xrt . When I hit the breaks the motor dies and is hard to start back up . Please help tired of looking at this truck sit
Make sure your idle is set high enough. Your idle screw is what prevents the slide or barrel from fully closing while braking. It actually physically prevents it from closing all the way. So you want to make sure it's set right. You can check it without running it. Just pull the air cleaner and operate the throttle with the radio. You can look in the barrel and watch it open and close. If it fully closes while pushing on the brakes, it's set too low. Make sure you have your 1mm gap.

Search this Thread