Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exhaust Bolts on the Volcano S30?

I just got my Volcano, and I wasn't able to get a lot of the bolts out to put locktite on without doing damage to them. The plan was to run it for a little bit and check them again. My bad, lesson learned lol. So, I need to know the exhaust bolt parts numbers because I don't have the bolts to check the size anymore. Thanks for the help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Exhaust Bolts on the Volcano S30?

from looking at the schmatic on redcat's site, It doesnt look like they sell those bolts. It doesnt even seem they come with the exhaust manifold...but you could call them and check on that.

If you have a decent hardware store nearby, you can take the truck in. Most likely, its a metric machine thread. Find the section with those type of screws and find one that is the right thickness. Then its just a matter of getting the lenght right. It will take alittle work, but will cost less to buy the 2 bolts that way.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the help. I'll have to look around. Ididn't find it in the schematic either, but in their parts list they have tons of bolts on there. I bet my best best is a hardwear store also.

Edit: I saw on the RedCat website where they said the schematic is still in beta testing and some links might not work, and maybe missing parts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd definitely just take it in to a hardware store or email someone at Redcat asking specifically about that bolt. They'll almost definitely have some, even if they aren't for sale on the site.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just a little closure on this thread, I got a hold of RedCat and they told my the bolt I was looking for was 02090.