Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: monsoon xtr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

monsoon xtr

Gentlemen, i normally can figure out what is up with my car or how to fix it myself, but my current issue i am curious if there are any little tricks that can make this easier!I cross threaded the threads on the stud that holds your wheel on, there is a little pin that holds the whole stud on, i can't figure out how to get it out, i really don't wanna have to drill it out, so if anybody has any solutions, help would be greatly appreciated!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: monsoon xtr

its probly just being stubborn. I dont believe than anything holds the pin in (except for the rubber ring)

Youll probly need a small nail set/hammer or something simillar to knock the pin out. once you get it started, then you can grab it with pliers and pull it out.

I dont see this in the exploded view, but check the inside of that stud to make sure there isnt a set/slug screw which presses against the drive pin. I know some 1/8 rigs are setup like that.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there was a set screw in there, i removed it before i even tried to get the pin out! i think i will put it in a vise and take a quality whack at it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: carslover

there was a set screw in there, i removed it before i even tried to get the pin out! i think i will put it in a vise and take a quality whack at it!
    Ok, if you removed a set screw then its just being a pain. Ive had drive pins like that not want to come out. usually, they get ever so slightly bent...just enough to make them not want to come out.

maybe a splash of WD-40 or penetrating oil will help?
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

will give it a go around when i get home!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so funny story i finally got my monsoon tuned in again, and i was messing around, and my best friend walked infront of my path and i swearved to avoid him, and hit a parked cars tire with the front right wheel, for as hard as i hit i think the car came out on top, all i broke were the two A arms, ordering them tonight hopefully will be back and going soon!