Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Sumo 1/24 brushless motors

Old 08-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Jacekj

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Sumo 1/24 brushless motors

I want to modify my Sumo 1/24 truggy to brushless.
Ialready got 2.4GHz radio , receiver, 18Amp ESC and front steering servo compatible with that ESC.

Iwant to buy a brushless motor which will fit . I went to local GREATHOBBIES store and they told me that I should find something on EBAY

On youtube there are few videos of modifications made but all I cold find is 5200kV motor which is approximatelly 30000rpm at 6v on AA batteries.

But Ido not know which motor would fit that frame ????

Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Sumo 1/24 brushless motors

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Jacekj

I want to modify my Sumo 1/24 truggy to brushless.
I already got 2.4GHz radio , receiver, 18Amp ESC and front steering servo compatible with that ESC.

I want to buy a brushless motor which will fit . I went to local GREAT HOBBIES store and they told me that I should find something on EBAY

On youtube there are few videos of modifications made but all I cold find is 5200kV motor which is approximatelly 30000rpm at 6v on AA batteries.

But I do not know which motor would fit that frame ????

Im pretty sure you will have to look for a brushless motor meant for a losi micro t. Those should be about the same size as what comes in the sumo.

As for KV, that im not so sure. I figure they used a pretty common 180 sized motor, and the gear box reduces the gearing alot. Id look for the lowest KV...as low kv=torque. Id try to find one in the sub 4000kv range.

That would be my best guess. Ive never heard of anyone making a sumo brushless.

I think if I were to upgrade a sumo, I would uprade the brushed ESC to one that could handle a lipo battery. A small 2s lipo battery would up the power of the stock motor, while also reducing the wait of the truck.

Search this Thread