Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sumo 1/24 brushless motors

I want to modify my Sumo 1/24 truggy to brushless.
    Ialready got 2.4GHz radio , receiver, 18Amp ESC and front steering servo compatible with that ESC.

Iwant to buy a brushless motor which will fit . I went to local GREATHOBBIES store and they told me that I should find something on EBAY

On youtube there are few videos of modifications made but all I cold find is 5200kV motor which is approximatelly 30000rpm at 6v on AA batteries.

But Ido not know which motor would fit that frame ????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Sumo 1/24 brushless motors

ORIGINAL: Jacekj

I want to modify my Sumo 1/24 truggy to brushless.
    IΒ*already got 2.4GHz radioΒ* , receiver, 18Amp ESC and front steering servo compatible with that ESC.

IΒ*want to buy a brushless motor which will fit . I went to local GREATΒ*HOBBIES store and they told me that I should find something on EBAY

On youtube there are few videos of modifications made but all I cold find is 5200kV motor which is approximatelly 30000rpm at 6v on AA batteries.

But IΒ*do not know which motor would fit that frame ????

Im pretty sure you will have to look for a brushless motor meant for a losi micro t. Those should be about the same size as what comes in the sumo.

As for KV, that im not so sure. I figure they used a pretty common 180 sized motor, and the gear box reduces the gearing alot. Id look for the lowest KV...as low kv=torque. Id try to find one in the sub 4000kv range.

That would be my best guess. Ive never heard of anyone making a sumo brushless.

I think if I were to upgrade a sumo, I would uprade the brushed ESC to one that could handle a lipo battery. A small 2s lipo battery would up the power of the stock motor, while also reducing the wait of the truck.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,