Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Caldera 3.0 issues.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 05:37 PM
terrywolfpack
My Feedback: (83)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caldera 3.0 issues.....

Hello everyone i'm having issues with the caldera 3.0 brake set up??? When i start it up the break act like it doesn't want to work and i need a pic of the break setup if someone has it? and if there are any other problems with these caldera please let me know? just trying to fix for a friend...Terry
Old 08-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Jjm3

Default RE: Caldera 3.0 issues.....

I had a similar issue , I went to Redcat site they have detailed pics you can see how their set up
Old 08-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: terrywolfpack

Hello everyone i'm having issues with the caldera 3.0 brake set up??? When i start it up the break act like it doesn't want to work and i need a pic of the break setup if someone has it? and if there are any other problems with these caldera please let me know? just trying to fix for a friend...Terry
There could be a few issues. Is the throttle trim bumped up, this will affect your brakes. If that's good did you check the brake pad screws, these get loose from time to time. Then of course the linkage...has it been adjusted lately? Also the brake disc itself needs to be scuffed up with some heavy grit sandpaper occasionally.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:40 AM
terrywolfpack
My Feedback: (83)

Thanks Jjm3 will look that up, and Dad like rc too thanks for the info.. I had a gal friend get this and first time out she burnt up plastic spur gear and hit a pole and replaced it and when i was working on tunning it yesterday i noticed the linkage for the brake all apart and thoought thats why it doesn't stop...lol.. I have alot of redcat stuff through trades and what not good product and this is new to me because never had any problems with them until this caldera 3.0 came around...lol... But thats the fun thing in the hobby is tinkering with stuff.....I appreciate the input guys thanks and god bless...Terry