Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Shockwave Question

I am new to RC cars and my step son recently purchased a shockwave. We have used it 8 to 10 times and now all of a sudden we have lost throttle control from the remote to the car. We have steering but no throttle. Iwas just wondering if anyone would be willing to help out a new guy and give me some tips on what Ishould be looking for to get our throttle control working again. Thanks you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Shockwave Question

ORIGINAL: lmcgrew02

I am new to RC cars and my step son recently purchased a shockwave.Β* We have used it 8 to 10 times and now all of a sudden we have lost throttle control from the remote to the car.Β* We have steering but no throttle.Β* IΒ*was just wondering if anyone would be willing to help out a new guy andΒ* give me some tips on what IΒ*should be looking for to get our throttle control working again.Β* Thanks you.

You might try re-binding your radio. A quick test for the receiver or servo. You said the steering works, so plug the steering servo into the throttle plug on the receiver. Now use the throttle on the radio, it should now operate the steering servo. If it does, the throttle servo is bad, if it doesn't, the receiver is bad.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I figured out that the throttle servo wasnt plugged in all the way. Thank you for your response. I have a new issue now we don't have any controls on the remote. Iam thinking that the reciever went out but Idon't really know how to test it. Iwas wondering if anyone could give me some tips on this issue.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lmcgrew02

I figured out that the throttle servo wasnt plugged in all the way.Β* Thank you for your response.Β* I have a new issue now we don't have any controls on the remote.Β*Β* IΒ*am thinking that the reciever went out but IΒ*don't really know how to test it.Β* IΒ*was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on this issue.

any clicking, buzzing from the servos when you power on? Make sure the battery connection is good, cheap plug...sometimes needs to be jiggled. Make sure your batteries are tight in the battery holder. Always wrap a rubber band around them. Also, is the light on the radio? Wouldn't be the first one to lose battery connection. Sometimes you need to gently pry the battery tabs out a little on the radio to make good contact. Then if all thats good try re-binding the radio.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :