Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano esc program?

Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 PM
bjjanapolis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano esc program?

Volcano EXP Pro. Do I need to reprogram the esc when I switch between Lipo & Nimh batteries?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:31 PM
bjjanapolis

Default RE: Volcano esc program?

ANybody? If i set up the LVC do I need to change it when Imuse Nihms?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:37 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it comes ready for lipos. It has LVC already on.

But, you can always buy the program card. They are like $10. I know they are on ebay.

I have 1 and its sweet. You can set the punch control, brake force, LVC (both on/off and the voltage it cuts off at) timing, reverse power ect.

All of these CAN be done with the remote, but its a pain and you can never be certain if you did it right. The program card takes out the guess work and does it in half the time.

But you can slap a 2s lipo in your volcano as is.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:07 PM
bjjanapolis

Yep I understand it is lipo ready. The question is... do I need to reset the esc to a different LVC, or no LVC, when I put in a Nihm battery, or do I just leave the LVC set for the lipo when i am running Nihms?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: bjjanapolis

Yep I understand it is lipo ready. The question is... do I need to reset the esc to a different LVC, or no LVC, when I put in a Nihm battery, or do I just leave the LVC set for the lipo when i am running Nihms?
sorry, my bad, didnt read your post good enough.

No need to change anything to run a nimh pack. The LVC will still kick on, when it reads the pack to be below 6.2v, but that wont hurt the nimh battery. It will shorten your runtimes a tad. But honestly, at the point in which the LVC will kick on the nimh pack be low and the truck will start slowing anyway.

tho you can completly drain a nimh pack, its best to stop while there is some power left in them anyway.

But, if you wish to turn the LVC off to run your nimh, which is fine, you will want to buy the program card. takes too long to do it without the card.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 PM
bjjanapolis

Thx. That's exactly what i needed. It's what I thought, but just needed tu confirm.