Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

1/8 rockslide issues

Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Heavychevy06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 rockslide issues

So here goes!
1: Starting problem clunking sound in rear end,found that a screw that holds the motor in came out and lodged itself in the spur gear no damage just annoying.
2:the right front tire fell off hub and all.The aluminium pin that holds it in fell out.I replaced the pin with a steel pin and Lotctite problem fixed.
3:The right rear tire and hub came off.Replaced pin with steel pin.I decided they all needed replaced at this time.So I did so
4:The speed controller quit working.Took it to my LHS and they agreed that it was destroyed I had only had the truck two weeks to this point.
5:Now to the best break of all the pic below is of my spur gear and the dog bone that goes thru the heart of the transmission axle cup broke right off.Its a fun truck but some things need be addressed
6: my receiver quit operating. I have only had the truck three weeks but I'm in love how it performs
otherwise

Just wanted to share this info
Old 09-07-2012, 03:12 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 rockslide issues

wow, I never had trans/axle issues with my super.

Anyway, its not that old so fill out redcat's warrenty form (if you havent already) on the ESC and radio.

Does your have the FM, or the 2.4ghz radio? The FM's were not that hot, but the 2.4's tend to work good.

Another option with the ESC is the outcry duel motor ESC from RC4WD. its $60. It can handle upto 4s lipo! It has drag brake, no delay reverse, and turbo BEC. Turbo BEC makes it so that when you are on the throttle, the servos still get full power.

http://store.rc4wd.com/Outcry-Crawle...BEC_p_664.html
Old 09-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 rockslide issues

Wow thats kinda bad to hear. 6 problems in 3 weeks. You would hope that for $300 they could pump out a rock crawler (that isnt a state of the art performance vehicle) that could go a few runs without destroying itself. I only bought one Redcat car (because I didnt know any better) but I never will again. Ive had my own share of problems that shouldnt have been.

Which is now why my Tornado S30 is a combination of Redcat, Losi, Traxxas, Arrma, Proline, and J-concepts parts.