Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Help!! With Avalanche XTE

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 04:58 AM
B8nkr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! With Avalanche XTE

Ok, heres the deal...we just purchased this and got the batteries charged up. However, when we turn it on the thing just takes off and the trigger on the remote doesnt control the car the way it should (i.e. forward, backward, neutral) Can someone please help me and my son with this? We are kind of R/C illiterate....thanks!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help!! With Avalanche XTE

does the steering work? Check the trim adjustment on the radio, make sure its not bumped up and making it throttle. Try re-binding your radio. Is the radio working? Do you have green light on the radio? If not, make sure batteries are making contact. Sometimes these radios ship with the contacts too flat, try bending them out with a screwdriver if they're not making contact.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah what dad said. But when your adjusting the throttle trim the car has to be on so you can see what its doing. I suggest putting the car on something so the wheels arent touching the ground. Like sitting it on a box but so the wheels hang freely. Since it IS a Brushless and you do this, it might get really loud and the tires might even balloon but just stick with it and try to adjust the throttle.

If that doesnt work I would turn it off and come back here and tell us what happened when you tried trimming the throttle. Dont forget to turn on the radio/Transmitter also. These cars arent like the Toy grade ones where you just turn the car on and everything works. Takes alot of maintenance and cash.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

re bind the radio to the reciever.

you can find a how to video on redcats site.

then, recalibrate the ESC to your radio. The manual should show how.

either your radio isnt telling the esc what to do, or the esc isnt callibrated to the radio.