Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Gearbox unit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gearbox unit

i got the caldera 3.0 and i got a question on the gearbox and spur gear the spur gear is warped and stripped out it is jumping up and down when hitting throttel so its loosing contact with the engine. would this cause it not to move that fast when on ground while the pressure is on it?. when i lift it up it does move. just wont move fast while on ground any tips?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Gearbox unit

ORIGINAL: Redcatlover

i got the caldera 3.0 and i got a question on the gearbox and spur gear the spur gear is warped and stripped out it is jumping up and down when hitting throttel so its loosing contact with the engine. would this cause it not to move that fast when on ground while the pressure is on it?. when i lift it up it does move. just wont move fast while on ground any tips?
    yeh, you gotta pull that trans out and check it out. the spur gear should move smoothly, and inline. it should not be warped or move other than rotating.

There could be a bad bearing, that would allow the spur gear to move around.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Gearbox unit

i ordered all new parts for the gear box and gears for everything pretty much replacing whole drive system