Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

starter box for redcats?

Old 09-16-2012, 04:20 PM
rcenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter box for redcats?

Is there a starter box that will work with redcats? i just bought an ofna starter box and it doesn't work with redcats the flywheel won't touch the starter box. I would prefer to find a starter box that will work with both 1/8 and 1/10 so i don't have to buy two different starter boxes

thanks
Old 09-16-2012, 06:14 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: starter box for redcats?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sullivan-Tig...item51a11a69f4 would be your best bet, All you have to do is bolt it on. I use one on my Exceed RC (same brand, diffrent name.) Rally Monster, and it works great. You need to get a starter wand too; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Losi-LST-XXL...item564c3e3541
Old 09-16-2012, 08:36 PM
rcenth

ok thanks for the info but, that's not what i'm looking for that's a roto start, i was specifically looking for a "starter box" like this:

i'll probably just stick to the pull start system but, just curious still if there is a starter box for redcats or not
Old 09-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That OFNA universal box that you have linked is exactly what you need, if the flywheel isn't meeting the starter box wheel, something is very wrong. That starter wheel protrudes more than most. Can you explain more about why the box you have isn't working? Could it be an adjustment issue of the pegs?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 AM
rcenth

we never really adjusted anything we just try line up the flywheel and set the car on it, when i would try to make contact with the flywheel and set it on the starter box wheel it wouldn't move the flywheel instead when it would the rubber would start burning and the motor start smoking. then some guy came by that is kind of experienced in rc and told it wouldn't work on redcats and was made only for ofna. i was suprrised because i thought they were supposed to be universal.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this, I'm very surprised that it couldn't be made to fit, they are indeed universal. Try playing with the pegs and getting the positioning just right. At the end of the day if the starter flywheel fits through the chassis cutout, it should be able to be configured.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM
rcenth

ok I'll try that just to see if I can get it figured out, thanks