Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

carb????

Old 09-30-2012, 05:35 PM
jbnn85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb????

when i start the motor and it gets warm it dies out and pushes the fuel back into the fuel tank. what could be causing this i am not running it lean i have it set rich.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: carb????

ORIGINAL: jbnn85

when i start the motor and it gets warm it dies out and pushes the fuel back into the fuel tank. what could be causing this i am not running it lean i have it set rich.
You say it's not running lean but what temp is it? When it shuts down and you can see the fuel pushing back I bet it's scorching hot, you can probably hear the fuel boiling in yhe bottom of the engine. Make sure your not running too hot. If you don't have a temp gauge can you put your hand on the head for about two seconds or is it so hot you can't even touch it?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:03 PM
jbnn85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah your right i can hear it. it is really hot i dont have to touch it. what i dont understand is that i have it set very rich. do i have an air leak?

Old 09-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jbnn85

yeah your right i can hear it. it is really hot i dont have to touch it. what i dont understand is that i have it set very rich. do i have an air leak?

It's very possible. Believe it or not I just had the exact same thing happen on my SH .28. I was sure I had it running rich enough due mainly to the fact the HSN was about as far out as I could go with it still being able to run. I never thought my LSN would be in the equation. Well I ripped everything apart and sealed it as well as switched to a colder plug, still made no difference. So finally I backed both needles out flush and tuned from there. The LSN was my problem. I guess I had it too lean and was compensating with the HSN. I never thought the LSN could effect my temp but after turning it out and re-tuning, my heat problem went away.