Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Suggestions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Suggestions.

I have the caldera 10e. i do short course racing. i broke a couple arms,shocks,ect ect spent 100+ on parts. I should just throw out this idea for redcat. maybe they should consider having aluminum upgrade parts,chassis,hub carriers,shock towers,arms, ect like hpi has for their trucks. wouldnt be a bad idea really. comment below what you think

thanks,bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Suggestions.

ORIGINAL: Redcatlover

I have the caldera 10e. i do short course racing. i broke a couple arms,shocks,ect ect spent 100+ on parts. I should just throw out this idea for redcat. maybe they should consider having aluminum upgrade parts,chassis,hub carriers,shock towers,arms, ect like hpi has for their trucks. wouldnt be a bad idea really. comment below what you think

thanks,bob
    What kind of suggestions are you looking for? It should have never cost that much for some replacement parts. Aluminum parts are for show mostly, they're heavier and bend. The Caldera 10e is a tough truck. Besides the brass pinion and front knuckles needing to be upgraded, it holds up well. These trucks aren't indestructible. They often have more power then they can handle and in turn need the operator to control them from ripping themselves apart.
    SELLING MONSOON XTR WITH UPGRADED AND LOTS OF SPARE PARTS - PM FOR DETAILS
    Caldera 10e : Volcano EPX : Monsoon XTR : Sumo x2 :

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i completely agree with dads, i have used aluminum parts in the past and they get messed up a lot easier than plastic parts, like he said they are for show!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Redcatlover

thanks,bob
    Redcat doesnt have alloy arms, but they do have alloy shock towers. These will flex less than the stock ones and thus help keep the shocks from bending.
    The hub carries, front and rear are availible in alloy as well. There is also a alloy upgrade steering drag link, front and rear suspension mount and also anti roll bars.

http://www.redcatracing.com/Search-2...a146=1&a386=pi
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,