Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat rampage mt motor questions

Old 11-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Jaydeeeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat rampage mt motor questions

I have a stock rampage mt I got last week and have been having a great time with it. I have about 2 tanks of gas run through it and I took it out today and it doesn't want to accelerate. It sputters and idles rough and when I hit the gas it stalls. If I give it very little gas it will go but running rough and not hitting full speed. It ran fine when I shut it off the other day n now like crap. Also I am curious if a goped motor will bolt up in the place of the stock 30cc motor in the truck now. The motor is a zenoah g43i n it came on a gsr 40 goped whatever that is lol. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Redcat rampage mt motor questions

the guys in the "giant scale' forum can actually help better, several MT and XT owners there.

Based on what you describe...Id think dirt got its way into the fuel or carb. either that, or a seal has gone bad causeing the motor to suck in more air then fuel.

On the motor question...I doubt it would be easy, if its even possible. I dont think its commonly done.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
ou2mame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like the engine needs some tuning.. try going back to stock and then try a little rich and then a little lean see if that does anything for you
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is you gas tank vented? It will do this when too much pressure is build up in the tank. The hole on the gas cap is not good enough and clogs up ver easily. Try venting the tank.